So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. sample dumbass question ''how much pot can i expect to yeild?'' acompanied by pic of 1'' seedling..

• Like Like x 3
  2. btw if i didn't know any better i'd say that sign is in san diego..looks familiar

• Like Like x 3
  3. Uhhh stumped me doc....wait
    The answer is drink liquor, then you can tell them how much it'll yield, "Fer Shur!"

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  4. Nahh
    It's in Burbank....but it always looks familiar.
    There's a much more famous one up the block - Circus Liquor - that was featured in the movie Clueless lol
    Shit now I'm gonna drive around town taking pictures for my coffee table book of liquor store signs around LA

• Like Like x 2
  5. i could suggest that a string just short of 5 years old with a few thousand entries is pretty much useless. the same questions are going to be asked because nobody in their right mind would read all the previous posts and questions.

could it be time to bury this string? i'm not sure what "the same questions" are, but why not start every month with a new string, the first entry being a FAQ page.

i am new to growing in SoCal and someplace to ask questions to people with like conditions might be valuable. i started growing in outdoor pots at the beginning of this summer and things have been progressing a lot better than i ever thought they would. seeing 12 hour days are still a month away, i'm guessing i have a while to go before asking about a time to harvest, but i can see that being a future topic to get opinions on.

just sitting back and watching the magic for now.

8-28 049.jpg

8-28 050.jpg

8-28 062a.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. 12 hour days do not apply to outdoors , as you can see from your pictures you are already into flower phase . They look to be starting to stack well also. I started off here last year as a new guy also... I think what some of the long term guys here mean by " same old questions" is alot of people do not bother to take the time to do some reading and at least have a basic grasp on what they are doing before getting started , they just want someone to spoon feed them the knowledge they need to get to harvest.. Most the old time guys are friendly and helpful with questions that take experience to know the answer to but this thread was more of a hang out then a guide or place to learn the basics . Your plants look off to a good start .

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Good answer pat! New guy. You can expect your outdoor to finish at the end of oct to the end of nov. Nov = a sativa. You are welcome in my thread. Peace

we're on a mission from God

8. just curious whether anyone has ever sent out their crop to be tested? got the name of SC Labs today from Urbn Leaf. looked at their home page (sclabs.com) but did not really go any deeper into the site.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I have never tested anything, but my breeder friends do all the time.

10. my two gorilla sds germed and went in cubes this morn..gettin the party started 000_7899.JPG

11. over the past week or so, i've been seeing some flowers turn completely brown/ amber, although some/ most are still all lily white... typical? pictures are all the same plant. it's my most mature plant and it is also the hermaphrodite which i decided to keep around for next gen seeds.

DSC_0080.JPG
    DSC_0081.JPG
    DSC_0084.JPG
    DSC_0088.JPG

12. Milty it means the plnt thinks its life cycle is over and it is strtng to degrade

13. Anytime I see that I dig inside and find a caterpillar....their crap causes PM to flourish so I hear. Remember to always spray your BT and keep spraying the green cure as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Cattie damage! Sometimes they eat their fill and spin a cocoon. Found one of those cocoons in a bud today and popped the fucker...a drop landed on my lip...I laughed to myself - I'm way into killing these

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Enemy mine

... my safe word is pineapple juice

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. thanks for the input... i thought i could pick up cats by seeing half eaten leafs, but didn't imagine they could bore in to buds. i was avoiding any sprays, but mixed up some BT i had on hand and sprayed yesterday. have already seen one dead cat. luckily the damage seems to be to less than a handful of flowers.

surprised how little BT was used in the mix... just 1 tsp in my qt sprayer ( = 2oz / 3 gallons as they spec). how often should i spray?

• Like Like x 1
  17. That's bud rot, get it off of the plant before she spreads, bud. You'll likely find a caterpillar in the bud

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hey so cal peeps, just sticking my head in the door to throw out a peace sign and a nod. I'm in la, tending to my plants and living life. Hope you're having a great morning. 20180913_194518.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  19. If you pull on the brown burned bud it'll come out as it's been cut off by a caterpillar. Dig in and find and crush the little shitter.
    You only see a fraction of the actual damage until harvest when it'll become all to clear.

Spray BT once a week every week from Aug 1st till harvest in late Oct.
    Run a bug zapper nearby to limit the infestation.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. thanks again... i did gently push on the rotted parts and they snapped right off. again, not much yet. i will keep up the spraying. even if the whole cola is trashed, it's only the two and a few stem flowers. i've always considered this a training exercise seeing i have no real investment aside from my time, but it would suck to lose everything at this stage.

just a general comment... boy those buds are sticky. i've also seen honey bees checking them out occasionally ...catching a buzz?

• Like Like x 4