So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. I am picking up some mites today. First time trying the predators. Im stoked.

my wig is loose, your stroke is weak...

• Like Like x 3
  2. How do you like those Trichogramma? Any positive results?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey...
    I haven't had the pleasure of using them yet
    I 've only use the Green Lace wings and the ladybugs I have had no need for anything else yet so far.. thank the Cannabis gods

sent sitting in my garden

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anyone's outdoor plants go in to flower? Woke up this morning to find balls all over one of my regular seedlings. I had just checked it yesterday for balls too! Must've popped up overnight!

5. Yep I have a few most are in preflower

6. No flowers yet guys - should be happening early August. We got a strong couple weeks left!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  7. 106 degrees can you believe it actually snows here?

Hydroponic Organic Science Stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. damnit i failed to plan ahead for this outdoor run and 3 of my plants turned out to be male. Now I'm left with 4 small clones in no till containers outdoors, and 2 empty no-till containers...

I would like to fill my empty no-till containers... at this point in time of the season would you guys say it's too late to pop more seeds outdoors? If so, I guess my only option is to buy 2 clones from someone locally. I actually know of a reputable clone seller locally here in SD

• Like Like x 1
  9. Without supplemental lighting they will flower clones faster than seeds. But either way if you have the pots you can still grow any time of year here some seasons the plants will be smaller. If you have the pots just throw either the seeds or clones whichever is cheaper or readily available.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hey man thanks for the quick response!
    hmm... if i pop seeds outside in the no-till containers they will basically act like they are vegging for like 3 weeks right? I read that seedlings can't go into flower immediately, they will go through a veg period for about three weeks even if under 12/12 lighting straight from seed?

Also wondering if i choose to run supplemental lighting to allow my plants to veg longer outdoors, am i right in thinking that I am looking at about 2 or 3 hours of On-time for the light each day? basically i turn the supplemental lighting on around 6 PM-ish (when the sun sets?) and just leave it on for a few hours so that my plants get less than 6 hours of darkness? (18/6 veg outdoors?)

any idea on what the least amount of wattage needed for supplemental lighting is? I usually run COB LED indoors but im thinking if i were to use supplemental lighting outdoors i might as well get T5 since they are cheaper and probably cheaper electricity-wise also?

• Like Like x 1
  11. if you hv security light that will wrk great..you're just extending the hrs not like indrs

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Predatory mites kicking ass! Not one speck of mite damage

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1

13. Ok. So you have your two options, both will work at this time. Do it now!

14. What species did you get? How many?

• Like Like x 1
  15. I called them and told them them crop, size of plants and density, temps and humidity for the week. They make the recommendation. For me it was 2000, Galendromus occidentalis for $50.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hey SoCal - we all flowering?
    Got two with porcupine tops and 2 stacking and 2 no sign. Bud moths haven't really come around yet - started spraying BT anyway

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Most everything of mines is flowering/preflowering except the Durban Poison I guess it's too close to the lights I have on my vegging plants. Too lazy to post upload the pics but my strawberry fields has gone beast mode on me no 10 footers lol but still pretty damn large I'll get some pics up soon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Here's a better angle from today to show my tall one
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. No 10 footers to report - more than enuff for me though
    Oh shit 10 foot ganja plant is badass - I like it when I need to relax - enjoy

• Funny Funny x 1