So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Like, what is best in life? lol

[​IMG]

Smoked it up and took this pic - was doing a valley girl impression until the family insisted I shut up.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
  2. Im still getting a pencil lead taste , Even with flushing and curing???????

Hydroponic Organic Science Stuff

3. maybe I should try a flushing product, I was trying to figure out how to make my own flushing solution but I have not been able to find out what works, I saw somewhere that using vinegar works , yeah right not using vinegar.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm probably one of the last people in this group here that should be giving advice but I would think that taste shouldn't be a problem if your using an organic growing method without the chemical salt bottles and you won't have that problem. Brass plants in wholes with some chicken manure from Lowe's and a few other amendments and he's got a lot more years under his belt than I do and it works. I've seen @Dr Mengle have some great looking Hydro outside and his stuff looks real good he might have some better advice.

5. Numero i've had the same problem previously..i now flush before each wkly soup change for a day or two and i keep my ppm's no higher than 650-700 at the end flush for at least 3-7 days..i used plain un ph'd wtr when i flush and i do it without fail every soup chng..last grow i was lax on my flushes..end product would not burn or stay lit had to be adulterated to do so..didn't taste too gd either 000_7566.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I think it could be the strain , Doing some different ones this time. Its possible I didnt flush it good enough and its only cured for three weeks. 62 percent seems way too moist for smoking in my opinion . I am thinking that it could be misinformation and smokeable should be closer to 20 or 15 pecent RH.

7. you keep it in the jar at 62% and take out small portion you intend to smoke that day..it'll be ready in two hrs here in the desert..you can always dry it out but once its too dry you can't go bk..

• Like Like x 3
  8. Doc's got it nailed. 62% is the prime spot for the Cure but ya it's to wet to roll and toke on. 55-58 is where it smokes best and like doc I just set some out a few hours or a day before I need it.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  9. Happy Memorial Day everyone. Here's an update on what's going on in the garden. The Chocolate Hashberry looks fantastic probably the best overall plant I've grown so far. I plan on harvesting it next week I sprayed it with BT today and will likely be putting a blue dream that's been vegging in that pot afterwards for summer set.

I got a 30x - 60x loupe but it's not exactly what I had hoped so I'm thinking of grabbing one of these to use instead. Also want to get one of the scopes that can clip onto my phone so I can post pictures here to get better answers to my questions from some of the seasoned vets.

20180524_194424.jpg
    20180528_163207.jpg 20180528_163207.jpg 20180528_163214.jpg 20180528_163220.jpg 20180528_163227.jpg

Next we have the Orange Creamsicle I really love how it bounced back from whatever the problem was and looks super healthy now with all the new growth since being planted outside and transplanted from a 5 gallon to a 25 gallon. (Got a couple of clones of this showing a few roots already, took like 3 weeks to see roots but will see if it's something I'd like to run again)

20180524_194447.jpg

Next is the Durban Poison which also has taken well to the transplant and has ceased to show the problems on all the new growth. It is in a 50 gallon pot.

20180528_163252.jpg

20180524_194520.jpg

The purple punch like the others that were transplanted was looking bad but I think like the others it will bounce back now that it is outside in a bigger pot.

20180528_163256.jpg

Then we have the Strawberry Fields in a 150 gallon I really hope this one will pull through, patiently waiting to see some healthy new growth it surprisingly did not need any support and is holding itself up well on it's own.

20180528_163317.jpg

Lastly and the most recent transplant is the Cuvee Cookies into a 100 gallon this spot gets the least sun I really need to move this pot maybe when I can get a few friends over we can lift and move the damn thing. I really like the vigor on this one it's a clone from tissue culture like the orange creamsicle. It looked a lot healthier on transplant then most of the others.

20180528_163321.jpg

I need to go buy a few more tomato cages as well but I've found it real hard to put them on the plants when they get this big I was thinking of making my own out of cattle panels some day in the future but may just get some left over pieces of EMT and tie the stalks to it for now.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Joining this thread, what's up fellow Cali growers!

Nice looking plants @Mangul!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Very nice indeed.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  12. Very nice indeed.
    BNW

13. Sounds like low P to me..... Gives a chemical taste. Did you have purple stems, or whom ever you wrote this to?

• Like Like x 1
  14. No , no red stem. some purple buds though️ . purple leaves. it was just all the rain I think . Hard to smoke when everything is covered in water.

15. IMG_3986.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  16. here in the desert we hv entered high temps..149f comin off my deck..whls on crt plnts sits on melted ystrday...plnts get rolled into shade daily at 1-2 pm out at 5am..2-3 wtrngs a day..my amazons are still thriving 000_7633.JPG 000_7628.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. Only have 20 gallon pots. So I dug some shallow holes filled with composted horse manure today. Hopefully the roots will grow out and get some room - I had a buddy who said he did this for guerrilla grows. I'm sure it's better to just have a bigger pot but that's not happening.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Outdoor start to finish - wild weed
    SoCal rulez

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Looking good! How many hours of sun do you get? My yard sucks not only the early morning ocean haze but the building next door, and the damn ginormous ficus trees in the parkway. Keep up the good work if those roots grow through those'll be some monsters with all that space.

BTW anyone know how to disease/kill these ficus trees so the city will come cut them down and put something else?

19. "Looking good! How many hours of sun do you get? My yard sucks not only the early morning ocean haze but the building next door, and the damn ginormous ficus trees in the parkway. Keep up the good work if those roots grow through those'll be some monsters with all that space."

Thanks Mangul - they all get sun for most of the day. I'm hoping for monsters!
    I hope you get rid of some of that shade - good luck

• Like Like x 1
  20. SoCal Crew,

Can anyone identify the cause of a puckering downward leaf curl?
    (I will post photos as soon as I remember how... I think best results are when I post them to another site and then paste in the url? Reminders?)
    I haven't found any matching photos online.

It is impacting only a particular batch of Strawberry Shortcakes grown from seed (procured from elsewhere). This is an outdoor grow, but I just recently got these and they seemed to already be showing signs on arrival.

Also, has anyone used Botanigard ES to treat thrips (etc)? It has been approved for application on cannabis in Canada.

Thanks. GH