So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Hey Billy.. Small world indeed..

I got my prescription and started to buy dispensary weed in time to see the heyday of weed shops before it all collapsed and got driven back underground.. Long Beach among the first in line to Axe the brick stores.. Broadway st must have had 20 pot shops alone..
    A whole lot of the LA basin is delivery service only now.. LA city and parts of the San Fernando valley are still weed shop friendly but most of the rest is gone now.. West Hollywood still remains a dependable place for shops and a few carry clones..
    The Bitch is they usually won't tell you over the phone if they even have the MF things or not.. you have to drive there and go in... waste of my time I soon learned..

Anybody with a current list of shops in the neighborhoods please list and if they stock clones or not.. Aloeruss posted one in the SF valley but that's a Road Trip in it's self from here..

2. PR Collective in San Pedro carries clones. That is where I got my little girl. They list clones on their menu both on their website and on weedmaps but I have found the listing to generally be incomplete. They have had far more than they list any time I have gone in.

Sent from Stanford for the greater good.

Thats what pissed me off the most was having to fill out the fuckin paper work, Be on file and then be told we don't have any clones WTF, Don't waste my time and yours just tell me, Or if they did they were shity lil scrags.  I know there was a mom and pop shop that i went to it was ok and then one maybe down by seal beach can't member, Anymore than 4 stoplights and my Cityrage comes out i Flex turn green lol.. I will ask my brother in law whats around down there, He kinda stays up on it

Thanks PeterlanStalker.. That's a far closer resource then the San Fernando Valley is to me.. Close enough I might have to take a run over that way after a stop at the Chowder Barge http://www.chowderbarge.com/ for a Famous Chowder Burger..

5. I used to get clones from my local pot shop just like you guys with all the problems that come from doing that..poor supply, disease, tired weak clones..when the shops went away I'd get them on Craigs list..a couple of real crappy strains from questionable ''meets'' at the local McD made me go back to seed and look for a reliable easy way to clone..these days I work from seed and use a mini cloner I built to make clones..plug n'play..got the idea from Dumdummy he dubbed it FCCC...Fayes's Coffee Can Cloner..i order seeds once a yr and clone from those for the rest of the yr's grows I do just about 4 a yr indoors clones ready for new shoes 003.JPG clones ready for new shoes 002.JPG

6. Same thing here in the OC. At one time there were probably 20 in a 5 mile radius of me.

I like smoking what I've grown now.  Lot's cheaper too.

7. While I built a version of the FCCC I couldn't get it to grow much more then brown goo on my cuttings.. Piss poor planning I suspect as I was running the cloner in a very hot old garden shed.. With no humidity control either..
    finally got cloning down with wool cubes a dome and heat mat.. Near 100% hit rate now..

I got my early strains from what ever dispensary had them.. When that dried up I tried a well advertised online delivery service only to later learn they had a bad reputation of sending any old plant.. Just fill the order with something green..

Next I found a clone supplier out in the San Fernando valley and enjoyed a nice selection of strains over the last few months.. Unfortunately I got my cloning down a bit to late to save more then just 3 of the strains I'd had access to and now that seems to have dried up as well.. Asking around turned up a couple dozen seeds of Nor Cal origin so I'm sprouting a few of them now..

8. [quote name="AloeRuss" post="19125693" timestamp="1386534611"]I have to tell you, if you have means to stay happy and able to pay for everything you need, it's a great place to be. But, if you cannot afford any of the necessities or stay happy being here, this place will make you miserable.[/quote]All of California is that way. I adored nor cal when I lived there but was too expensive with my income...yesh I Miss it tho. Cali period.JOURNAL- http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1252916-Bagseed-and-me...the-boba-fett-trialsNAME THAT STRAIN- http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1265559-Indentifying-strain

9. Ya norcal was great and I had same apt for 23yrs in Marin till I had to move and found I was priced out and no longer could afford to live in Bay area..surprisingly I found SD expensive as Bay area was in the 80's so I came out ahead of the game before it got waaay expensive..

10. Good Morning Southern California !!! And how is everybody this fine Saturday morning ?? Well I hope..

Did anybody get up at zerobuttthirty AM and look for the meteor showers ?? I gave it a 3:30 AM try but between the basin light scatter and the fact I was freezing my arse off I didn't see nuffin..

11. I was up but I didn't go outside or even think to look..too cold..my gardens run from 7pm to 7am and that keeps the apt sorta warm if you wear a hat and sweater..if I turn on my little space heater  the breakers pop off so no heater while the gardens are running..if it gets too cold I turn the oven on for awhile..i count myself lucky as I don't pay for utilities here which allows me to grow but winters are a bitch

12. Doc.. That is a sweet deal now days to have utilities included.. Been there done that with leaving the oven on @200 to help warm the place..

13. ya the pot gods were with me when I fell into this place..i'm only tenant in bldg.,sound proof, laundry rm masks odors, and after being here two yrs mgt asked me to be onsite manger and gave me $100 rent break and no yrly rent increases..i been here 10 yrs..all I gotta do is change outdr lite bulbs and clean the laundry rm so I don't have to deal with tenants at all..i found this place on Craigs list..lol!

14. I am interested in hearing why any of you gentleman don't cut your own clones.
    Especially when you top or prune your girls.
    I usually get 10 clones per plant that I am pruning easy. Other option is to throw them away after toping or pruning but why would you do such a thing?
    Paying for clones altogether?

15. Well, as for me, this is my first grow so i had nothing to clone. Going forward i will likely grow only two single plant harvests per year as that will more than supply me with the tiny amount i need. At that point it hardly makes sense to clone on my own. It barely makes sense to bother to grow but I'm taking it up as a hobby.

Sent from Stanford for the greater good.

16. I understand some need more then the others :)

17. When starting out it was faster and the same price as buying seeds to just pick up store clones.. Now nearly a year later I do take my own clones and would only buy additional plants to add a strain or 2.. I take the lowest branch or two off the plant I'm about to flower and section it out.. I don't top or prune as outside is my flower room and I have no size or height limit
    Most of the clones were 15 bucks.. Cheaper the more you bought usually..

It was just stupid easy to pick up plants.. Every 3rd shop had them and we had tons of shops.. As the shops closed and we went to delivery it was still just easy to pick up the phone.. And it's not like I wasn't actively trying to take clones.. It just wasn't working worth a damn.. 3 takes in about 50 attempts..
    Lucky my cloning improved just as I flowered the last group of plants I'd gotten.. But that left me with just 3 strains.. I added one as a seedling left on my doorstep and just had a few beans pop so I'll see what that brings.. With both the wife and I having cards I'd still like a couple more known clone strains to fill things out..
    With all the strains to choose from running more then 2 of any strain seems a waste.. Really more then 1.. :bongin:

• Like Like x 1
  18. But those bottom suckers that take energy but give nothing back.. I hope you cut them. The difference, my friend is tremendous.

Thats why they become trash

20. Hi So Cal, I grow in and out in Ontario, Ca here are my Veging girls the day of the flip. 1 week on 12/12 GSC, Herijuana and Orange Kush. Could not have been able to pull this off with out the help of the growers on thus site. Use custom crafted living soil. In newbwanabe's sip 3 run this way. Learned it all here.

[​IMG]