Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So Butane causes depression?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Dum Dum Boy, May 22, 2010.

1. Dammit, there's nothing scarier to me than an outside chemical causing my depression. I guess I could use matches, but damn. And I've heard of bee line but..I dunno.

2. Ahh man.. I feel the exact same way.. except this is the first I've heard of butane causing depression.. if it's true I'm retiring my bong and employing my vaporizor full time.

3. Use a herb iron, hakko, phedor or a glass rod that you heat with a jet flame. They all give clean hits and you can choose to smoke or vape depending on how far you keep the iron from the bowl

4. Im sure my percolators catch butane chemicals

5. The lack of butane is what causes my depression. :(

6. Lol i liked this, good one sir! :hello:

7. Where do your sources come from, sir?

8. just googled "butane depression" and this was the first result. hmm. i think someone made that up.

9. I saw the thread title and lol'd.

10. weed makes u happy:)
    not angry:mad:
    but if ur sad it makes u more sad:(
    but usually happy:wave:

11. Bee line is nice, I got some off ebay for a couple bucks.

Just keep the lighter on the bowl for a second and let it cherry, or smoke j's or something. I doubt you're inhaling as much butane as you think

12. Butane is a substance often used for inhalent abuse, it might cause depression after years of heavy abuse. Using it to light a bing won't do anything drastic.

13. Thank you scientist for that information. And also thank you for doing the research and concluding this information with all of the evidence you found to support your fact/theory. Yeah I just wanted to make sure you know I think you're doing a fine job. Keep doing what you're doing.

14. #15 Rastafari, May 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2010
    Trust meeee I found the answer to this longgg ago:
    All-Natural Ital Hemp Wick

(All you'll EVER need - once you try it, you'll never go back. Not only is it healthier, but it doesn't taint the flavor of the herb as the butane does):yay:

15. Chill man, I just couldn't be bothered to go on the web and find facts about how many mg's of butan would be inhaled per hit and how quickly it would be absorbed, bearing in mind the fact most hold their hits for about 5 seconds it might not be absorbed at all.

The amount people take when huffing butane is far far greater than what you might inhale when using a bong, think bag fulls of the stuff as opposed to acouple of wisps. If it was having any effect on you you'd know about it, because you'd have the symptoms of someone who huffs solvents. Also, depression is not caused by butane when abused anyway so I don't know where OP go this idea from.

16. My source was wrong. Apparently, butane burns clean and you only inhale it if you press the lighter without flicking. Also, butane is the most commonly abused inhalant in England. :)

17. I'm pretty sure that if you hold the lighter too close to your bowl you can inhale some butane.

But i'm out of it so whatever

18. Heh, i feel like everytime i smoke i'll be a living contradiction. Smoking to get happy, using butane to make me depressed.

Yay.

19. Do you even inhale any butane at all, I mean your burning it as a fuel so wouldn't you be inhaling the by product of butane combustion? Perhaps c02 or sumthing? But either way the amounts are minimal probably no worse for you than living in the city vs a rural area.