So Brasil woke up.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by C for Cannabis, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Hi there folks,

I think yall know whats happening in my good old country.
    After years of corruption, lack os educations and poverty, we woke up and we're changing the scene here.

But our friends 'the police' are showing up as some real motherfuckers (as they are), like beating up protesters and opening fire agains them (with real ammunition).

So, have you ever been on any protest?
    Do you have tips to use agains the police brutality?
    DO you have any tips for guys like us to keep safe against any offensive act ??

Thanks.
    #OgiganteAcordou
    #Vemprarua

ps: sorry for grammar mistakes.

2. ####################
    This isn't twitter.

3. Your women are beautiful.

4. I'm upset by the lack of positive imput so far because this is a real hot topic and very relevent.
    Anyways, I wish you the best. It's a crazy world we live in and it seems like it keeps getting more and more crazy.

5. Because the people above are ignorant, idiots. I wish I could come help you man, I'd be right by you're side. Don't get yourself killed my brother. This is a sensitive topic and I'd rather be talking to you face to face. May god be with you and your family.

6. The only tip I can give you is no matter what happens, do not use violence. Show everyone who is watching the terror that is your police. If none of the protestors resist or fight back with violence the police, and authority will be forced to stop the violence, and seek other ways to eliminate the protestors.

However, if they do not stop, and they continue to kill your people. Then it is no longer a protest. It is a revolution.

7. Shocked at the first couple comments, dudes just giving us more ways to find out what's going on in Brazil by searching they hashtags on twitter. Sort of like leaving a website link I guess!

Anyway sending much love your way op, stay safe bro

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 Buzzwell420, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
    gas mask. Streangth in numbers. Watch the movie brave heart

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #9 ByePhilipe, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    One of my oldest and best friends is from Brazil and she is so excited about this all happening. I wish you guys safety and luck. I don't really have any tips but your people are I'm my thoughts.

10. William Wallace is my man!
    Freeeeweedom!!!!

11. Viva la Revolution

12. Thanks for the support guys.
    I just came back from my 2nd protest on the streets.
    yesterday there was 30,000 people blocking one of the main roads of the country and I was one of them, dude that was intense!

we set the barricade on fire, and being there with lots of people (around 18~30 years old) all together facing the police and singing our national anthem was the best moment of my life (btw, we didn't used violence against the cops, we tried to keep our position till the helicopters came and the tears gas, then we ran, and some of us defended themselves).
    Brazilians in general aren't the revolutionary type of person but looks like things are changing here.

Today my boss closed the office early and my whole town is protesting. The politics are going crazy, they are running away like rats.
    And this, my folks, remember us one important thing, that when we want something we must go for it, or like Thomas Jefferson once said:
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

again, thanks for the support.
    and also sorry for grammar mistakes.

PEACE!

13. Stay strong brother.  The pursuit of true liberty is true righteousness and worth every ounce of blood, sweat, and tears.

14. What i would give to be with you during that protest. That's a profound life changing moment. Go brazil civilians!

15. #15 shaddytheman, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
    Yeah I just read about that you guys were protesting about a number of grievances such as: political corruption, the dismal performance of public services, the decline of the economy, the employment rate and the government's inability to attend to basic needs. 

The government is failing to meet expectations and the people are worried, as a result, protests are created to challenge the government and make them pay awareness. The government has their own strategy as well, they're using the police as a weapon to suppress the word from being heard. I haven't protested  before but I respect individuals that protest for the justice of their country

It seems you can do something about police brutality, I search and found 5 ways that could help you: 

Here are my 5 Ways To Stop Police Brutality:
    by Coupon Companion Plugin">1. Protests
    Police stations, city hall and other government venues must be protested against and marched on afterevery incident of police brutality.
    2. Record the Police
    We must use our cameras every time police harass us to catch them in the act. Then we can use the Internet and the viral media to expose these actions worldwide. Now that cameras are so cheap and people have cameras on their  by Coupon Companion Plugin">phones, it is a lot easier to hold the police accountable for their actions.
    \n3. Vote Out Politicians Who Condone Police Brutality
    Politicians who do not address issues like police brutality must be voted out of office
    \n4. Engage in Dialogue With the Cops
    We must use moderate police organizations to work with the police to stop police brutality. 
    \n5. Take Legal Action Against Police
    We need to take legal action as well. The best way to hurt police brutality is by hitting them in the pocket. If the police keep on getting sued for brutality they'll be forced to deal with the issue. Every incident of police brutality should be reported to both the government and the media.
    \nHope everything goes well for you guys, Brasil is a nice country and wish to visit soon.

16. hmmmm, guess im moving my family to brazil in a few years. gotta wait for the political "dust" to settle, you understand.

17. I wonder if Brazil protesting its government will have any effect on us? I guess we will find out soon enough.

18. #18 tokin', Jun 22, 2013
    Bring a camera and get as much footage as you can! The video camera and the internet is one of the greatest inventions that we the people can use to our advantage :)

Also..I don't know if anyone has seen this video yet but this just gives me so much hope...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ueh8UWXJjGk

I wish you all the best of luck and please keep us updated

19. #19 SkunkWoodz, Jun 22, 2013
    I looked into it for a few minutes a day ago.

The disputes were spurred over a .20 increase for public transportation when the bus system was severely lacking.

seemed to me people just like go get a little loopy and protest shit for no good reason

if ya want better busses, more of them, and more or longer routes, you're gonna have to pay a little more

edit- and for the record, i know there is more to it than that, they are unhappy with education and health care, so don't flame me. Just seems like a massive over reation From my point of view.  Hope all you protesting are honest tax paying citizens

20. I think its more of the fact that the people are tired of a government that is not looking into the best interest of the people. And this is merely the straw that broke the camels back.