So are these a waste of time?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by laffytaffy, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Basically. I took some cuttings from a plant, from only glancing at a cuttings guide video.

Used some rooting hormone gel, and potted them just to see what would happen. It's been about 4 weeks now and they've grown probably nearly 3 times the size however they don't really look right.

This is something I've never done before and wasn't even sure it would work. So I've attached a picture to get the word of you pros!

Am I wasting my time with these? They don't appear to be shooting out anymore stems...yet. But they've been actively growing for a few weeks now under 18/6 light.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Shut the led off and take a pictire with your house lighting

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. It all depends on the stage the plant was in when you took the cutting.

in flower, it will grow funny as it goes back into veg

chances are its just grown a bit funny due to the process but should work itself out.

If its shooting out new growth, let her ride!

Give the stem a light tug and watch the top of the pot. If there's a lot of resistance and all the soil moves, u got good roots. Only stem moves and little soil, she's struggling and needs food for her root development

good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Their probably establishing bigger roots would be my guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. looks like they may have been just going in to flower when clones were taken and just reverted back to veg ..often happens ..but please take pictures under normal lights or day light not the purple ,thanks ,mac,

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you for the responses. Here are some pictures without the purple hue.

Attached Files:

7. Shes definitely got legs!! LOL..........but she looks good....def throwing out pistils.

8. Looks like it worked. How far is your light from plant?

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'd say it's about 10 inches above them

• Like Like x 1
  10. Flip.it into veg for a couple of weeks and she be great . I think it looks good.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Thanks for all the replies. Here's somewhat of an update. They still look odd to me but as I'm new to this I could just be wrong. I attached some more pics, maybe some of you wizards can spot something I don't.

Attached Files: