So, America. Let`s Talk REPARATIONS. like adults?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 506764, Jul 4, 2020.

1. @SmokinP i'm guessing that you will agree with me when i say facism, anti-facism, and "white power" has a meaning in certain EU countries that America and Americans of all color have not seen the likes of? i've seen clips of the EU anti-facist club and they're ready to roll and inflict pain. the "white-power" buffoons appear to be equally ignorant but certainly not as obesely fat as that of the American "white power" numbnuts!

i've got no problem with groups who gather to beat the heck out of each other with sticks and fists, but these gun toting "tough nuts" need to _______ <fill in the blank and i dont care with what>

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yes, I think you guys have a very different view on protests and even riots than we have over here. Don't get me wrong we have plenty of law & order types over here who are outraged at any display of civil disobedience but there are plenty who understand that sometimes it is necessary.

It also helps that no-one brings guns to the party over here. It's a fair fight when it's just fist/sticks etc and it's very rare that someone gets killed. The cops come with their riot gear but guns are not used. You can fight the cops and of course get arrested but the chances of getting shot are extremely low.

I know you agree it's a pussy move coming to a protest with a gun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Bringing the gun isn't the problem. It will most likely be the person that responsibly uses one that stops insane bat cases that have no business being around forks without corks that stole or car trunk purchased a tool of devastation hell bent on fanning the fire. But seriously gun control is a subject touchier than even racism. Best not to wander that path on this particular forum so I digress. Lol.

4. #84 Sandspur06, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    I've literally never been in what normal people would consider to be a fair fight with an African American. When I lived in south Florida in school white people were scarce. Like 2 maybe 3 in a class. And i got expelled because I fought them off regularly. Had I taken the beatings I might have been able to stay but nope. I was the only one permanently expelled and homeschooled the rest of the year until we moved. They never fought one on one.

When I was stationed outside Louisville, Kentucky I got jumped by no less than 15 of them just for walking through white castle parking lot. (While in civilian clothes) After I took a bunch of nugget checks and tripped over my own feet I was lucky enough to reach up and pull one down. Bright orange hoody... I'll never forget it. (Pro Tip... Never stick out in a crowd, in the blur of a fight the eye is drawn and you become the target) I had to threaten his life under my elbow to slow the beating I was taking from all of them, till they said the cops were called and they started scattering like roaches. While all of this went down my buddy (also military) was asleep in the passenger's seat and woke up to getting punched in the face and when they tried to steal my truck he managed to fight them off because they couldn't get many good hits on him swinging into the truck. Others stole everything loose in my truck while some fought him. Jacket, cds, cash, cigarettes, everything. Everyone who watched was astounded I was standing and managed to hold my own. At the time I was a 20yr old 6'3" 240lb. Brick shithouse. Couldn't file police report cause the backlash from being in an incident while being active duty and the cops didn't want the extra paperwork cause really what could I identify 14 black guys all but 1 wearing dark clothes with there pants around their knees and a girl with what appeared to be a crick in her neck and fat knuckles (the one that gave me the black eye, because at the time i was "above" hitting women) but I definitely didn't win. Then again, it was comical telling my superiors I got the black eye from quote "A wicked game of table tennis" I started carrying an axe handle in my truck from then on to even the odds a little. And adapted the moral of, if she's man enough to ball a fist and hit me, she's man enough to take a beating (they begged for Equal rights, equal opportunity) luckily no more have been dumb enough cause it truly goes against everything I feel is right)

• Like Like x 3
  5. I've no problem with guns and support people's right to have same. The point I was trying to make is that guns have no place at a protest and anyone who brings one is an idiot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Sounds extremely racist to me - as a matter of fact, Screw “sounds like” - it simply IS extremely racist and I’ve seen it more times than I care to tell yet white folks are the ones that get screamed at for being racist.

j

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Suggestion: What about making reperations voluntary?

I'm sure given the massive amount of support for BLM etc that there would be a lot of people very willing to give

Can start right now, doesn't even have to be done through the legal system

• Like Like x 3
  8. Attaboy!

9. Touché. MrRaider did say that by 40 I wouldn't be a statist anymore.

10. I could see doing that. But their first complaint would be that all contributions came from the African American community and there is literally no way to divy up the collections. It will be just like politics and taxes. Once the person in charge pays their own over inflated salary and expenses the question becomes how to spend the $27 left over.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. I too have faith in you good sir.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Plus most people who advocate reparations are more thinking it comes mostly out of other peoples pockets and not their own. I've yet to see one of these outspoken celebrities actually "redistribute" their own millions or billions after advocating that "we" as a nation need to do so.

Some give to charity sure, but you better believe they write it off on their taxes and keep their donations to a level where the tax write-off makes sense to their accountant.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. If it's voluntary, then how will Black Americans know which White Americans paid and which ones didn't? I have a feeling there would still be some negative impact from this.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Why would blacks need to know which whites donated?

15. How else would you know if all the racists paid their dues...

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. #96 SirDabbington, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    Does anybody truly believe that reparations will make this all go away? If we pulled 14 trillion dollars (the number that the owner of BET came up with) out of thin air right now and paid every Black-American $365,000 (rough math), what about the Black-Americans that are born tomorrow? What do they get? What about Native Americans? Irish-Americans? Salem Witch Trials perhaps? Where do we draw the line? It would never end. Every country that exists has made bad decisions, every last one of them. Except it and move on. Do better going forward, but don't pretend that giving people money will make racism from either side go away.

What do you think a gang banger with $365,000 is going to do? Go get a job? Start paying taxes and all of a sudden become a productive member of society? I kind of doubt it.

I hate to quote the Bible but this one is true... "Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime.

• Like Like x 1
  17. i thought i read somewhere that the only qualification for being a racist was "caucasion color". according to best estimates iirc that is ~76% of the population in the states.

i wonder if those numbers could be useful? idk.

• Like Like x 1
  18. i dont think that what is going on today will ever be resolved by money alone.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks for pointing out the silliness of this idea.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. At the root, they are rather insecure individuals.

• Agree Agree x 2