Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

So after some major defoliation action....I dried and smoked fan leaves.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Auto-Bud-Man, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Bro one little bowl just did it for me so well. I’m about to load a second one here.

Feel like such a dumbfuck for throwing away the sack of fans I initially had!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I ain't mad at you, homie. Smoke that shit.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Damn sure will brotha! this fan leaf high is ridiculous. Expected to feel a slight buzz, but not this. Guess my grow is that dank lmao!

• Like Like x 1
  4. U can make butter and oil with fan leaves and trim...but I don't think taking them as early as he did will produce much thc.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. If you smoke a dried fan leaf off a female plant that has been flowering for at least a few weeks it'll give you a buzz. But in my opinion it's not worth the harshness it causes on the throat, at least for me. A dried fan leaf during veg will likely not do anything but irritate your throat, lol (though I haven't confirmed this).

6. I’ve confirmed it multiple times. If you’ve been dry for a week like I was, they work wonders for a fan leaf lmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ooo that’s nasty (Cleveland voice)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #28 Storm Crow, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Kids, the hippies were smoking leaves with some buds mixed in! I know, because I was there! And YES, even fan leaves and stems contain THC. Not as much as those lovely little buds, but enough to get high on.

My fan leaves and trim are dried and made into "green flour" that I add to baked goods (along with canna-oil). I used to smoke them, but now, (since I am in California and can grow) I just smoke buds and hash. :GettingStoned:

Stems were saved for the "summer drought" when last harvest's cannabis was all smoked up and the new crop wasn't quite ready. They smoked VERY harsh and somewhat metalic-tasting, but you could get a slight buzz off of them.

@ thebombhaha, THC is present (in low amounts) even in seedlings as young as 3 weeks old! You likely wouldn't feel much at that stage if you smoked it, but it is there! And there IS enough THC to get high on in non-budding plants- I've done it when we were "dry". Buds are much better.

Evolution of the Content of THC and Other Major Cannabinoids in Drug-Type Cannabis Cuttings and Seedlings During Growth of Plants (abst – 2012) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22390363

And for an "oldie"-

Cannabinoid patterns in seedlings of Cannabis sativa L. and their use in the determination of chemical race. (abst – 1977) Cannabinoid patterns in seedlings of Cannabis sativa L. and their use in the determination of chemical race. - PubMed - NCBI

Even your MALE plants can be worth a "dry and try"! :smiley-rolling-joint: In some strains, the males can be just as potent as their sisters! It all depends on their genes, like with these Moroccan landraces!

"In addition, the present study establishes that male plants, often considered deficient in delta-9-THC, contain levels of the same order as those recorded for female plants, both in the leaves and in the tops." From “Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco” Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco. - PubMed - NCBI

Any males I grow go into the "green flour" as soon as I see the first cream-colored stripe on the male flowers (indicating that he is mature and will start shedding pollen within a day or so). I decarb males right away to improve potency and also kill the pollen. (I hate wasting cannabis!)

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1