So about how much yield am i looking at? (detailed)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fizzx, Dec 25, 2008.

1. 12x10 room, 4 1000w hps lights, Soil, fox farm nutes, perfect ventilation, 15 4 gallon pots under each light so 60 pots total, vegged from clone for 4 weeks (or up to 2 feet whichever comes first.) Then flower for 8 weeks. The strain is brainwreck mix of white widow and trainwreck. How much should I expect dry per plant or total? Any help would be appreciated...thank you! :hello:

2. #2 cantharis, Dec 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2008
    No idea, I am an outdoor grower. You may get a more helpful answer in the Indoor forum. But good luck anyway.

3. Yeah i thought this was the forum for newbs at outdoor and indoor...any experienced indoor growers have any input? it would be much appreciated

4. The closest thing I grew with these conditions was white Rhino...I pulled in 1.3 lbs / per 1000w MH.

5. It varies too widely for us to tell you. You could wind up with a half pound or with four+ pounds. It all depends on the genetics, your specific setup, and your skill as a grower.

If that is your first grow I'd suggest doing a few grows under one light until you get your system mastered.

One note...8 weeks is just a guideline and it starts from the first showing of flowers, not from when you got 12/12. Some strains finish in six or seven weeks, others take 10 or more. Only close visual examination with a magnifier can tell you for sure when they are ripe, at least until you are used to the plants you are working with.

6. well being your asking this question, Im guessing your a new grower right? If thats the case then heres your answer. No one can tell you what your yield will be, to many variables. The most important is experience...and if your a new grower I would say your biting off more than you should. Learn how to grow then expand your grow as you need to. Theres more important issues to worry about while learning how to grow...take the exp. as the main reward and the harvest as a second.

7. I hear that. I'm trying to look after 6 girls and nearly losing my hair doing it.

I couldn't imagine trying to tackle what you're describing...

8. well im kind of a newb but ive done about 1/4 of this type of project with a friend. Now Im doing it with a different person and hes a pretty good grower, I have gathered a lot of info and had a bit of hands on experience. I know you cant have an exact number, i heard rule of thumb for a good/exceptional grow is 1g per watt, so i think im going to shoot for .5-7g per watt. All im saying is what if there is no overwatering, perfect environment as in pefect temps and humidity, its kept clean, supercropping, topping, vegged to 2 feet, flowered for the perfect time...should equal a bad ass yield right?:metal:

9. in theory yes...If your friend is an pretty good grower, I would ask him what it will yield(assuming he has grown this much before. Its just that your going on if it were a "perfect" grow, so if your grow room is not 100% controlled...I doubt you will have the "perfect" results your searching for. Not to say your results wont be great, just keep in mind its your first grow, even if under the supervision of someone else. Learn from mistakes and apply them to next grow...its what all of us do or have done in the past. Good luck and Good growing.:smoke:

10. 1-2 oz. per if your good and 0-1 if your not.:DLast grow i got 1.2GPW W/O Co2.

11. there we go thats what im looking for, thank you sir and are u by anychance on riu? I recognize that avatar...anywho thank you and merry christmas

12. The guy is growing indoors.

13. Yes, did you see the part about FOUR 1000 watt lights? It's easy to yield pounds with that much light though the OP should do some smaller grows first IMO.

14. That´s a lot of heat!! Probably a bit over ambitious for a first grow, but good luck anyway.

15. I agree, that's why I advised he do some smaller grows first. I'd actually suggest he start with a 400 watt HPS and do a few grows with that.

It's not too hard to get rid of the heat from 4 1000 watters but it has to be done right.

16. Heat your house in the winter !

17. Heehee yes you could do that. I could run that many in my area because it's in a basement and I have a laundry chute that I run my hot air outlet up through. It's perfect for that. That being said, I have no need for that much weed at one time! My smaller setup (400 watt HPS + 2 50 watt LED's) still produces far more than my wife and I can go through.

18. thank you all for your input, i talked to a couple of my grower friends and it seems that im all set and will be supervised to not too many worries, once again thanks!

19. Unless he focuses on the plants and not "How much will I yield" I'm predicting disaster.

Very few people could set up a large op like that and be successful right away.

Listen to everyone who is telling you to start with one light and a few plants and work your way up.

It will take 6 months or so BUT you'll be able to start using the rest of the equipment and grow WAAAAAAY better plants with it than if you just went whole hog right now.

Listen to reason, not your dick. This is a plant thing, not a macho thing. You're not any "less of a man" because you grew out 2 plants with a 600W than if you grew out 20.

If you let people think there's something wrong with that then, yeah..... you're less than a man.

Be smart, be safe and be persistent. You WILL succeed. :)
    :smoke:

20. so moving right along now...i will hopefully have a journal going soon to keep u guys updated...til then:wave: