So a Guy Tried to sell me a "roor"

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by pinchefacio, Jan 30, 2012.

1. There was a 'roor' posted on CL for $150.

I asked the guy to take some closer pictures of certain areas of the piece and he sent me the pic below.

I told him i didnt wanna buy it, and he sent me an email back that read:

You need to learn your shit before you buy. If the logo goes past the ice catcher, it's a fake. And as far as the sig goes, get online and take a look at real roors. It's one of the sigs that's on most real roors. It's German made. The seam is always going to be seen, IT'S A SEAM! If it's fake the seam will be crooked and the bad fakes you can feel the seam. Learn your shit so you don't get fucked. I used to work at the bc shop so I know my shit. Here's a good article so you can educated yourself.

http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/509657-roor-real-fake-identification.html

I did say that i think it was, but i think the guy is a little off base with what he said.

Thats why i made this post and ask for anyone's friendly input.

Attached Files:

• ddd.jpg
      ddd.jpg
      File size:
      4.5 KB
      Views:
    • hhh.jpg
      hhh.jpg
      File size:
      7.4 KB
      Views:
  2. It should be widely accepted that roors should no longer fetch more than $100 no matter the quality.

Kids! Stop paying stupid prices! It'll teach em!

3. here are the close ups he sent me in the email. sorry, i couldn't find em for a second.

Attached Files:

• bad.jpg
      bad.jpg
      File size:
      283.8 KB
      Views:
    • hmmm.jpg
      hmmm.jpg
      File size:
      171.1 KB
      Views:
    • tr.jpg
      tr.jpg
      File size:
      166 KB
      Views:
  4. roors are expensive and overpriced but this one looks real to me

5. RooR's aren't worth it, papers are 99 cents.

6. Yeah, but the amount you'd smoke in that paper is more than you'd smoke in a bong hit.

7. That Roor posted on this page is fake. That piss poor signature on it should have given it away immediately.

8. This is true, but if you do what I do and cut my papers in half, unless I smoke with someone else. It's totally worth it, and no paraphernalia.

9. Definate fake
    Never known roor to a diffuser like that
    Signature is generic and appaling
    Ice notches also look wicked close together, not sure if just the picture or not

10. Yeah if it is a real roor it's definitely a US made tube, not German. The German ice pinches don't look like that.

11. One of the things he said in his first email was that you could tell it was real cause the ice pinches came all the way to the middle.

In case you couldn't tell he linked me the grass city roor identification lin in his email.

Maybe i should send an email back with a link to this post.

12. [​IMG]

13. It's like he's looked at all the fake ones thinking they're real
    If this is a real roor, us or not, I'll be wicked surprised
    Coming back to the notches, if you check out any ice roor on GC you can see the notches are well rounded and have a decent space in them
    The one he's tryin to sell is clearly quite different
    Still can't get over that dire 'signature' as well

14. A basic roor should be no more than 150 imo or 225 with ashcatcher