Snuff?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Genocidal, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Just looking for some general info... Google wasn't that helpful.

I'm talking about the tobacco that you're supposed to snort...

Is it that unhealthy?
    What are the effects; just the same as smoking a cig?
    Do people even do it anymore?
    How hard is it to get?

etc...

Please inform me.

2. u never 'snort' snuff, or any other type of tobacco. you put it in your mouth and hold it between your gums and teeth, then spit every once in a while. You can get it at the gas station or grocery store. chewing tobacco is better though in my opinion.

3. If you snort stuff it'll probably burn like a bitch and probably make you throw up.

You can still get it pretty much anywhere that sells cigs (at least in my area). I hold it under my upper lip its salty and almost burns for a while. I've never tried chewing tobacco but I'll take a cig to snuff anyday.

4. Old school snuff is extremely fine ground tobacco that you snort. I've never tried it nor know anyone that has. Snorting is generally an unhealthy route of consumption but it is better than smoking. Sorry I couldn't help more.

5. I believe there is also a distinction in the name. Its called scottish snuff as opposed to snuff.

6. Congrats I was just wondering wtf it was last night and looked it up.

It's just really fine ground tobacco, usualy flavored.
    You just basically take a light sniff of it, like to smell it. You don't want to get it into your sinuses, just the openings of your nostrils and apparently it gives you a super mega buzz, almost like being high.

It's an old gentlemen's way of getting a tobacco buzz I guess. People use to say "The sign of a true gentleman is that he does not sneeze when he takes his snuff" IDK just a little quote I found.

Since it's not goin into your sinuses I don't think it does any damage to your mucus membrane's I'm not sure though.

*Edit* And what you described is chewing tobacco. IDK What you were thinking chewing tobacco is.

It seems almost completely safe, but cigarettes ultimately became more popular than it and it died out.

7. snuff you do actually snort...

but I've never tried it or even seen it haha

8. Crazy nicotine buzz. Burns like hell. I wouldn't recommend it.

9. Snuff you put alittle in the tip of your nose. Moist snuff is what you dip. Never done snuff but I love moist snuff otherwise known as dip gives me a crazy buz

10. #10 jagfan, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
    I do it a couple times a week. First off the purpose isn't to "snort" it in the sense you snort cocaine, that will result in some extreme burning. What you do is take a deep breath through your nose so your lungs are almost full and then just take a little sniff of the snuff you have ready (i put it inbetween my thumb and pointer finger in that littel web of skin). You want to get it in the front of your nose, where your nose hairs are and not up into your sinus area like with coke, again it will burn if you snort it all the way up. Personally I find it produces the best nicotine high, doesn't harm your lungs, and is extremely cheap in tobacco stores. I have spent maybe 10 bucks on different kinds of nasal snuff and i'm sure it will last me at least another year (I don't do it daily though). Probably start off with a mild scotch snuff.

People don't really do it much anymore and you are sure to get odd looks if you do it in public. It's easy to find here in tobacco stores or any place that sells tobacco really.

11. All I want to ask is....why? It seems the worst way of consuming tobacco

12. im not a smoker but this sounds like the best way to get the buzz. Chewing is gross and smoking gives you cancer. If i could find this stuff ill give it a go. Whats the pricing like?

13. #13 jagfan, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
    Illuvatar; I think it is the best way to consume it. It doesn't fuck with your teeth, breath, lungs, or gums. I'm sure it's not good on your nose, but no one really looks in your nose and if you are doing tobacco the cancer point is moot. The aroma you get in your nose can be interesting and the buzz hits you quick.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot one of the most important things. After 10 minutes or until the buzz wears of or whatever, make sure to blow/wipe out your nose. Probably the only drawback in my opinion but it's not a big deal. You just don't want that sitting in your nose all day.

14. one of my friends (who kind of pisses me off b/c he drinks and shit but wont smoke b/c hes a pussy...anyways) does that shit...i think hes retarded b/c he snorts tabacco...but wont smoke weed...:confused:

15. I've been going to local gas stations asking for this but none have it.. I'd like to at least try it since I'm a daily tobacco chewer

16. yeah snuff sucks. i have a little container in my drawer of some rasberry snuff that i tried once...fuck that. shit burns, and i didnt get a buzz.