snow white bud tops..why?. *pics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hardsmoker, Dec 16, 2007.

1. My plants are experiencing weird syndrom...about a month flowering, some tops of the biggest colas are changing color

Attached Files:

• tipp.jpg
      tipp.jpg
      File size:
      155.9 KB
      Views:
  2. how close are you to the lights

3. thats nuts, not sure what to tell you...i too await a response from someone more knowledgable.

4. looks really really hairy to me.

5. they are quite close, but there is no problem with tepm. cause the light is well ventilated

6. Background pics of tops look like Nute Burn. Brn tips could be PH lockup. Hydro or soil? any run off test?:bongin:

7. The tips are getting bleached bro, when you have them too close to the light reguardless of the fact that they are aircooled or not, they will bleach from the intense light.. back the lights off 6 inches or so...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Those are fine actually. You would see some of the leaves discoloring close to the top by the light as well.
    What you have there are trichomes growing on top of trichomes. It's something they happens with some LED lights out there now. They actually test higher in THC vs the rest of the cola. Here are some of mine. Looking good bro! 1553783927435.jpg 1553784005984.jpg 1553784146969.jpg 1553784215114.jpg 1553784307867.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. first instinct would be light bleach/burn but that picture is kinda poorly focused on the area we want to look at so it could just be normal bud and trich development as well

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. um yeah , those plants were smoked 12 years ago guys

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Shit! They sure we're. I didn't notice the date, but I did noticed the white tops on mine and couldn't find much on them here at all. I thought they were burned as well. I think it's something that not too many people know about. Here's a link to an LED setup with those exact tops. It's a good thing I'm finding out.

12. god damn holy thread necro

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hey Xone92, were you able to find anything on here about the white tops? Just curious, the subject matter is the important thing here I think.

14. Its light bleaching

15. it could be light bleaching, or it could be a mutation Is Albino Weed Possible, Or Simply A Myth? - RQS Blog

16. Hey there Growingasmile, thank you for the link. The LED's I'm using don't really put out a lot of heat like my HPS's do and I learned with my HPS to keep them away at least 18" from the tops to avoid bud bleach. Bleached tops are usually very hard ( I learned the hard way) these are soft and healthy. I thought they might be albino as well, but the tops are appearing on three different strains. Vashon Velvet in Washington is using the same fixtures as I am. Wonder if it's the fixture?

17. Interesting 3 different strains... I suppose you could accidentally be forcing a mutation with your spectrum or maybe a chemical from your nutes or tap water are causing the mutation, have you ever used the home depot water test vial? they're free

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Actually all 4 strains have them. I will grab a water test kit at home Depot and check the results. I'm on a well that's 710 feet deep drilled through solid basalt. pH is 7.3 out of the tap with around 110 ppm. I've done a few runs with the same water and HPS and have never seen this. I will update with the water results though. Thanks for the brain racking bro!