Snow on tha bluff

Discussion in 'Movies' started by httreadskins, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Hey guys I don't know if anyone has heard of this documentary but I would defiantly recommend it.

Here's the description from wiki

"Snow on tha Bluff is a 2012 reality/drama film directed by Damon Russell. It is the story of Curtis Snow, a real Atlanta "robbery boy and crack dealer whose livelihood revolves around armed robbery and drug pushing" who "sought out [director] Damon Russell to make a film about his life." The film's title refers to protagonist Curtis Snow and to Atlanta's neighborhood The Bluff, which is infamous for crime and drug dealing."

And here is the documentarys trailer

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TGm9o37BNjM[/ame]

This movie is crazy, I've only watched the first 40 minutes but I cannot explain to you how fast paced and exciting it is.

The real controversy about this movie is if it's real or fake! So after you blades watch it let's have a nice debate.

Btw I downloaded this in about 7 minutes and it's also on Netflix!

2. There is a similar movie on Netflix I watched that was made in like 2010 where the guy robs a family in a van and takes there camera and uses it to show there lives growing up in the ghetto, just like in this movie. I don't think this is real but I'm still gonna watch it cause I like these movies.

3. It's crazy bro!

4. #4 InitialToke93, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
    I watched this the other day high as fuck felt like i was there lol, it looks real ish but i doubt it is

5. Can you imagine getting robbed by him hahah

6. its not really a documentary, more like a documentary style movie. The first 5 min. was the funniest, it was so obvious that snow was setting them up

7. I have to agree that the doc was surprisingly good. My girl didn't like it at all but we very seldom like the same dramas anyway. Definitely recommend watching it a night that you're solo!

8. The Movie is called "GangTapes" That was good too.

This Movie Is Really Good but I am really worried how this movie glorifies that life.....No doubt the subject is real....But in my mind the whole time watching this was like "Yo Curtis is one bad Motherf*$ka" and then I started thinking about the young cat in the same set up might be taking this as a motivational statement......Cause this dude stayed steady Skeemin through out the whole movie and the plots were real as it gets..... I'm from a place called Durham and where I used to reside its like this everyday..... I'm just worried about the youth latching to this movie and just Re-Amping the problem with violence within the Predominantly Black youth living in the same thing real world. Great Movie but also sets Black People back at the same time.

9. #9 Broosh, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
    shortly after the movie was made, he was actually slashed pretty severely with a knife and talks about it.

the movie might not be completely non-fiction, but i truly believe he's living the life protrayed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55SF3bYA2dQ]Curtis Snow Throat Cut By Box Cutter - YouTube[/ame]

i'd HIGHLY recommend watching it.

10. I watched it a couple of weeks ago-it was okay, I suppose. My friends and I had a good time providing stoned commentary though.

11. I liked it. Its deffinatley not boring

12. #12 Standish, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2013
    Alrighty, guys. I'll straighten this out the best I can. The guns, the people, the police, the drama, the drugs, most of this stuff is real. The robberies, however, are not. The robberies are set up but there is that kind of stuff going on all the time around there. Thankfully I have never had anything like that during my many many trips to, in, and all around the bluff.

How do I know? What sort of credence do I have? For starters, I lived blocks away from where that movie took place for over five years. What's more important, I know the camera man at the very beginning. I don't know him personally but I have been in his store before. His parents own a store on the corner of James P and another street just past Sunset. I don't know the kid personally but I have interacted with him and one of my good friends does know him personally. This kid, Asian as the girl that was driving, and the other passengers all set this up. The subsequent robberies were set up as well.

No troll droppings, my life is ridiculous.