Snow Cap = Strawberry Cough?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by budlover13, Dec 7, 2010.

1. This is a strain question rather than seeds, but here goes.

I am growing SnowCap from clone right now that I picked up from a local dispensary. I just heard a story that back around 10 years ago a SF dispensary got a batch of clones that were labeled SC for SnowCap but they didn't know what strain they were, saw the SC label and began calling it Strawberry Cough. Anyone else hear of this?

2. Having grown out snowcap before (and smoking a lot of strawberry cough non DP) I can certify this is definitely not the case. The original Strawberry cough originates from "strawberry fields" a clone only strain that is no longer in known existance. Kyle the kushman has been said to still have a few original strawberry cough seeds but haven't seen or heard anything of it since then.

3. I try to keep up to date with cannabis mythology, but I have never heard that story mentioned before.
    Strawberry Cough and SnowCap are two very different strains, in their effect and presentation.
    SnoCap has a distinctly lemon smell to it, where Strawberry Cough has a fruity smell that resembles
    berries (as the name would imply).

4. That's kinda what I thought, but wasn't sure. I've smoked SnowCap before and liked it, hence I grew it. Never tried StrawberryCough though. Always wanted to, but have never found any. My Snowcaps(wk 5 of flower) have that citrusy smell to them so I guess I DO have SnowCap and now will start a quest for the StrawberryCough. GOTTA be some genetics out there somewhere!? Thank you for the replies!

5. here you go http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/705086-my-strawberry-cough-clone.html?highlight=cough

6. Dutch Passion has Strawberry Cough seeds, but I personally don't trust their genetics after growing some of their blueberry.
    Depending on your location, I would say keep an eye out for some clones.
    Good luck.

7. what kind of problems did u have with their blueberry? im curious because im about to start a grow and that was a strain i was considering.