Snooty douche bags:

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by EustaceBugles, Feb 24, 2008.

1. You're not more cultured than me. You're not more progressive. You're not more open-minded.

I am sick of the fact that smoking weed puts me with a crowd that thinks they are enlightened. I couldn't be more of a polar opposite of the traditional stoner in views.

All this "culture" nonsense is just a tool to boost your little egos, and it's just that, nonsense.

Did you ever figure that maybe us "non-cultured" types are actually really open-minded? In fact, have you ever considered that maybe we have evaluated our own views long before you developed your lifestyle? I have very strong views, and not because I'm narrow-minded. Being open-minded implies that you consider all sides. Well, the reason I hold my views so strongly is because I did consider all sides. By doing so, I see that one side is makes more sense, or is better in any number of ways. The point is this - two sides are rarely equal, so sometimes there is a logical choice between them. The ability to make choices is not a characteristic of a person who is narrow-minded.

Narrow-minded people, as you would call them, are just open-minded people who happen to be smart enough to make choices.

P.S. When I say "you," I am not referring to this forum in any way. I am talking to a hypothetical, stereotypical third person, which characterizes many people in my life. I didn't pick any specific view, beause I think that would defeat the purpose and start unrelated arguments.

2. I can definately understand where you're coming from, but man, why the anger? There will ALWAYS be those tools that think they're hot shit and all that jazz, you just have to realize that get over them.

3. What are you talking about? :confused:

4. i stoped reading half way. you are indeed the snooty d bag. no offense.
    people seem to be getting caught up in what the perseption of smokers are.
    when really its who ever you are. and alot of the time smokers are smart, been through and seen alot.
    really all it comes down to tho is having fun and minding your own buisness.
    why would you care so much about what other people think about you.
    if your caught up in that maybe you need to reflect.

5. Hahaha it's funny but I agree pretty much 100%. It drives me insane sometimes. Some people just wont ever get it though, they'll think what they want....

6. what happened, did you drop the blunt? :laughing:

7. what he said

8. Being a weed forum, I expected a response like this. The reason you don't notice these people is because you are one of them.

Also, I apologize for lumping smoking in with this behavior. I just seem to notice the trend that more stoners are like this than nonsmokers, specifcally the individuals I was thinking about while typing my post.

What I was really referring to was the people who wear those artsy winter hats indoors, talk about how other countries are more environmentally aware, and they like to coin terms like "progressive" and "open-minded" like that's all that defines life. Ok, I'm making generalizations and that is no good, but these are still pretty good indicators.

Anyway, seems I struck a sensitive nerve, so in the future, I'll not vent on this forum.

I always considered myself to be equal with the people around me - until they judge me, in which case I judge them right back. I'm not saying it's justified, but I do take some solace in the fact that I'm not the instigator.

9. hahaha nice...:hello:
    thats all i have to say

10. ive got no clue what an artsy winter hat is but whats that got to do with a personality?

but the rest of it yeah man i agree with you..but you just gotta remember, YOU pick who you chill with. So kickit with better people,or stop bitchin.

And GC is the perfect place to vent.:wave:

11. yeah screw the jerks, have fun with your friends

12. Why care what other people think of you or your actions?

Why spend your existance justifing yourself to someone else's ideals...It is a futile effort and only lends itself to anger, resentment, and anti-social behavior...

Just as you don't feel that it is okay for anyone to judge you, it is not okay for you to make assumptions and to judge anyone else...

13. I am open-minded.
    Anyone who disagrees with me is closed-minded.
    I am better than everyone else. I am enlightened because I smoke pot.
    Anyone who chooses to argue with me will be subjected to ruthless ad-hominem and ill-conceived logic. Not for the sake of argument, but because it infuriates them.
    I am not an atheist, but I argue with Christians as if I am, because it's fun.
    I make fun of people who listen to Nickelback and Three Days Grace. Uncultured fools.
    I make grossly exaggerated generalizations, even though i know they aren't true.
    AND I LIKE IT.

No matter what you do or say, especially on the internet, you aren't going to change anyone's mind.