Snooping

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by TeenGrass, May 16, 2013.

1. #1 TeenGrass, May 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
    Sometimes it is so tempting. Her phone... lying on the table... and she is sleeping. 

She is so deeply in her sleep, I could look at her phone in slow motion. 

And so that's what I did. 

I looked at her phone record, messages... and chats...

After looking at it for about 10 minutes, I had to stop looking because I was beginning to feel that I'm getting too much information.

Some things are better off not knowing.

Snooping is good, but only if you have the stomach for it. 

2. Snooping is pretty lame ass.

3. Yeah... I agree. 

Snooping is lame. 

But one has to do what one has to do in order to keep one's sanity. 

And if snooping should keep me sane, then so be it. 

4. #4 Tammm, May 16, 2013
    Snooping, always reveals the truth, which, usually hurts.. Can there just be a magic potion for moving the fuck on?

Can I get a Staples EASY Button for that one? A State Farm rescue spell?

Snooping does give you peace of mind, absolutely true, just sucks when you discover something you really didn't want to..

5. I use to do this when i was younger and i learned my lesson the hard way. i don't even touch other peoples phones anymore lol.

6. If you feel the need to snoop, then there's already a trust issue in your relationship.

My husband and I have a very open policy about these things because neither of us have anything to hide. If he's asleep and gets a text, sometimes I'll check it just to see if his boss is asking him to come into work early or if plans we previously had have been cancelled, and I've asked him before "seriously, you're okay with that right? Because I don't want to invade your privacy or anything" and he always laughs and says "Seriously, I do not care at all" and that's the same way I feel. If I get a text while I'm asleep, I don't care if he checks it for me to see if it's anything important so that he can wake me up if it is. 

But it's not like either of us are snooping through eachothers text messages or anything. If you feel the need to do that, then clearly there are already trust issues going on in the relationship. 

7. Tossing and turning... couldn't go back to sleep after I woke up to pee. 

It was 4 AM or something like that. The whole town was sleeping.

I had thought about it before, but I never did it.

Partly because I didn't want to be bothered, but also because I just didn't have the chance to.

But now, I'm not just thinking about it, but am in perfect position to do it.

She never wakes up at this time... and by the sound of her snore, she's out.

Sigh...

8. Yes... we have our issues... 

She snoops on me ALL the time, while I... can't say I never do, but only once in a blue moon. 

But this time... I have a feeling that she WANTED me to snoop on her. 

She wants me to be jealous, I think.  

9. #9 shestones, May 16, 2013
    Yeah, you're pretty much asking for it when you go snooping. I did it in the past and in the end my suspicions were always true. I don't even go on my bfs twitter or fb. I know he's not doing anything. I trust him. He

But if I honestly felt like he was ask him and if I still felt like he was lying Id snoop. I'm not even going to lie. Id only snoop if I there were signs.

10. I kind of like snooping. It's like a dirty game. It's kind of like cheating. Not actually cheating, but thinking about cheating. Thinking about taking a second look at that fine lady that just walked by. Will my gal know what I'm doing? Does the truth show on my face? Who knows but the tension is giving me a boner.

11. #11 *guest, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013

Yeah, see, that's a relationship that is absolutely not going to last, at least not in any healthy way. 

And what is with this?

What did you find that you would be better off not knowing?

Why are you still with a girl who has so little trust for you that she has to snoop on you all the time? 

I mean I understand that sometimes just being in a relationship can feel good, but please do realize that you can and hopefully eventually will find a woman who wants to be with you and actually trusts you like your partner should if you're a trustworthy person. But you may never find that person if you continue staying with someone who feels the need to snoop on you all the time. :confused_2:

Just think about it, man. 

12. We're married. Got two kids. 

We can't get out of the relationship easily. We have to try to work it out. 

And I think sometimes working it out means ignoring things. 

Like I'm going to ignore what I've seen from snooping her phone. 

It was nothing. Just two people talking, that's all. 

Oh damn! Yeah, that definitely makes things more complicated.

Have you considered marriage counseling?

14. Well... marriage counseling is not really popular over here. People just don't go to counselings, so there's not much available either. 

I'm cool with my wife snooping on me all the time. It's not like I'm having an affair, so I have no worries. 

--

She's just talking to her ex boyfriend, that's all. 

She once cheated on me with him, but that was before we got married. 

I don't like that they're talking, but she has the right to talk to anyone she wants. 

--

Sometimes I wonder if her obsession to spy on me comes from the fact that she is doing something suspicious herself.

Read what you just said as if a friend was saying it and think about what advice you might give them. 

16. #16 Tammm, May 16, 2013
    Most likely she's snooping because she's being dishonest herself.

Maybe you guys should spend more time together?

Like, dedicating enough time to one another so that you both realize your main squeeze is right in front of you.
    If you could both try realizing and appreciating the fact that your main chick or main guy is laying next to you, and by your side 24/7.
    Maybe you could reconnect somehow after spending so much time with one another again.

Probably not an easy task with children involved, but give her attention every now and then, call her gorgeous and tell her you love her as much as you can so that she still feels loved.

If that suggestion sounds like something that wouldn't work, I would rethink the amount of effort you want to put in towards saving your relationship, because, it may just be that you want to separate.

17. I've found some good ol' things snoopin'...

18. #18 Burnoutt, May 16, 2013
    This dude's posting style reminds me of Ggrass.. coupled with his username, how he is married with kids, and seems to be outside of North America from him saying "not really popular over here"..

I feel creepy for knowing so much about the guy.. but I can't be the only one thinking this?

19. Snooping completely destroyed my last relationship. I made a huge deal out of her talking to an ex and completely fucked everything up. Almost a year later, i'm still not over that damn girl.

20. My wife is acting strangely. She's being nice. 

She's usually nice, but lately she's being too nice. 

Hm... 

She asked me couple of days ago, 

"You remember John? (Not his real name, but John is her ex boyfriend) He asked me if I had a travel suitcase he could borrow, so I told him I only had the Mickey Mouse one. (it's a girl's suitcase with cute Mickey Mouse design) But he still wanted to borrow it anyway! So I told him it's not convenient for me to meet him for the suitcase, but if he really wants, he can come to the house and pick it up during the day. (Both of us work, so there's nobody at home during the day, except the maid) So he came and picked it up couple of weeks ago. Now he wants to return it. What should I tell him?"

So I told her, 

"Tell him to return it whenever he can. Doesn't have to be a special day to return a suitcase, does it?"

And she said, 

"OK, then I'll tell him to return it on Friday. (which is today)"

And she said, 

"See, I am a good girl coz I care about your feeling by not meeting him in person to give him the suitcase."

So I said, 

"I don't mind if you meet him, I'm cool with that."

And she talked to me about something but my mind was going into a 'sleep' mode... so she stopped talking and went to do something else. 

--

That was what triggered my desire to snoop on her phone. 

I wanted to know exactly what they were talking about. 

But... I didn't want to dig into her stuff coz... like many of you have said, nothing good comes from snooping. 

So I spent a couple of sleepless nights... then, one night, I woke up to pee, and decided to snoop on her phone. 

And... 

--

Since much of their conversation was done on 'Chat', I could read into their dialogue. 

Most of it was about cars... (They both drive Mini Cooper)

And about stock... (They both invest in stocks)

And there was the part where they talk about the suitcase. 

He really did wanted to borrow the suitcase, and she try to deter him by saying she only has girly suitcase. 

And he really did insist he's OK with girly bag, and she told him to come and get it while she was at work. 

Now, there's one part about returning the suitcase. She told him, 

"Come Friday, 2 PM (or 3 PM, I can't be sure). Because my husband usually comes home at 4."

--

Clearly she doesn't want me to be there when he comes to return the suitcase. But my question is, where will she be on Friday 2 PM?

She should be at work... 

But... 

--

You see, this is the downside of snooping. 

Enough said.