Snoop Dogg arrested for marijuana possession during border patrol checkpoint in Texas

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Snoop Dogg arrested for marijuana possession during border patrol checkpoint in Texas: report
    NYDaily / Christina Everett / 1,9,2012

Snoop Dogg's weekend went up in smoke after he was busted for being in possession of marijuana, according to reports.

The 40-year-old rapper was arrested after a drug-sniffing dog alerted border patrol agents to a possible hit during a checkpoint stop in Sierra Blanca, a small town in West Texas, TMZ reports.

The agents reportedly found half an ounce of weed wrapped in several joints inside a prescription bottle that was found in a trash can in the back of the bus.

Snoop, whose real name is Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr., admitted the marijuana belonged to him, reports TMZ.

Though the rapper has a prescription for cannabis in California, law enforcement sources told the gossip site there is a zero tolerance policy for the illegal drug in Texas.

This isn't the first time the cannabis-toting rapper has landed behind bars. He was busted for marijuana possession in 1998, 2001, twice in 2006 and 2007, among his numerous other arrests.

Snoop was issued a citation for misdemeanor drug possession and released.

:smoke: Welcome to Texas Snoop,if you will continue to the next town you can re-coop:wave:

2. Guy is still at it!

3. Thank you for informing us on some pressing news

4. First I read this:
    And then I read this:

Not that I'm complaining about anyone being given a reasonable punishment for a non-crime like possession, but is THAT what the fuck Texas considers "zero tolerance"? :D:D

5. ^snoop probably slipped some dudes some stacks of cash and was let free. or its just because its snoop dogg lol

6. Dang, and they still found it?

Also, how does he get a prescription for it in CA? I can't imagine the doctor he went to not knowing who he is.

7. Must've been a HUGE pres. bottle.

8. LMAO, that mother fucker slipped them thousands to get outta that.

9. edibles while traveling anyone

10. My understanding is that CA let Doctors decide what to prescribe marijuana for,instead of politicians. Not 100% on that, so a CA resident can fill us in.

That is the main problem the politicians have over CA mmj law,,the audacity to have Doctors decide who to treat without asking the politicians.:wave:

11. Snoop is the man, He could have had one of his boys take the fall but he manned up. Probably to get his name in the paper, but still.

12. lol snoop and weed posession

its like a fat guy with food...

cmon, we know you have it on you 24/7

how can they arrest him with a perscription? thats fucked up because if it was an oxycontin perscription, hed be fine.

13. Are you joking? He has a prescription in California, not TEXAS. Even if you didn't read the article you should understand that.

14. meanwhile another individual traveled from cali to texas with a half oz of hash and weed and was facing a life sentence

texas, i do not understand you.

15. snoop dawgy dawwwggg

16. What a dipshit.

I loathe artists that get hostile with their fans. Your fans made you.

17. #17 CuzImaNuglvr, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2012
    Yeah he got off easy for what most people would in Texas for the most part. Seemed like he was rollin a lil light though. Half ounce? That it?

It is a looooong, boring drive from the west coast. And as he knows now with plenty of cops in shitty desert towns (assuming, never heard of that town)

Edit
    [quote name='"SIRSOG"']meanwhile another individual traveled from cali to texas with a half oz of hash and weed and was facing a life sentence

texas, i do not understand you.[/quote]

Nobody does that isn't stuck in time.

18. Why so many posters say he must've bribed them? It was misdemeanor possession, that's a citation, and that's what he received..

19. Oh fuck! So what's his penalty? Please don't fucking tell me he's gonna be in Jail for a while that's wack

He's shooting a movie with Wiz too

20. misdemeanor possession, it's a fine.