SNES Classic Edition

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by lessthanjeezy, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Hey Blades,

Was anyone else lucky enough to get a preorder yesterday for the SNES Classic edition, and if so what game are you most looking forward to playing?

I got an in store pre order at Gamestop (barely) and can't wait to spend hours playing Mario Kart, play through Super Mario RPG again, and get to try Starfox 2!

Also did any of you snag a NES classic when those were available? Didn't get my hands on one of those.

upload_2017-8-23_8-58-2.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. I figured this wouldn't be too popular on a forum such as GC.

Anyway, I was able to nab two preorders! One from Walmart and an international region free SNES from Amazon france. I'm also going to be camping out at Toys R Us for another one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Couple of games I'm really excited to play are the legend of Zelda but most important of all Star Fox, so I can beat that and unlock the unreleased Star Fox 2!

I also wasn't able to grab the NES classic at the time so I'm trying to make up for it.

4. I don't see why someone would buy these? Is the only real difference that they added hmdi?

5. Yes hooked up HDMI. Most buy it for the never before released Star Fox 2 game, collection purposes and honestly most of all...the nostalgia.

6. The convenience of having a brand new item with loads of built in games? Nostalgia? Those would be my reasons. I'm defo gonna try and pick up one

• Like Like x 2
  7. Shit. Too late to preorder in the uk by the looks of it

8. You'll have more luck camping out at a store at this point for one. Or watch different retailer's websites like a hawk for them to throw up the item for purchase on release day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah, I have two preorders locked in, an in store gamestop preorder and a walmart preorder, one for me and one for a good friend. I was thinking about camping out Toys R Us since they just announced a midnight release but we will see.

Star Fox 2 was never released so can play that, the fact the 21 games are preloaded onto it is nice, and most of all nostalgia. This was my first game console, having a small version of it where I can play all the old games I used to is going to be awesome

Yeah pretty much too late to preorder anywhere, I have a feeling they will be a decent amount easier to get in store in the UK though than in the USA, people are planning to camp out for it the night before it releases

• Like Like x 2
  10. I called my local Toys R Us and they have no clue about the store having a midnight opening. Hopefully because they haven't been notified about it yet. I'll try calling and asking them again a few days before release.

11. Actually within the last hour Toys R Us twitter said that announcement was a mistake and they would be opening regular hours for release. Basically someone on the TRU twitter said they would do midnight and corporate was like hold up, and took it back:
    twitter.com/ToysRUs/status/907307468404948998

12. Nooooo! I was ready to head to TRU as soon as I was off work...then hit up Target with a friend afterwards lol. I love the hunt not going to lie.

13. Between emulators and the fact that you could get a real one for the same price (with a bunch of games).
    Star Fox 2 doesn't seem worth paying $80 for. Just my opinion... But whatever makes you happy :)

14. Yeah I know what you mean, after the 29th when I have my SNES I am going to be like ok what do I want that is hard to get now? haha. And yeah, I was hoping for the midnight release at TRU as well but seems like someone on their social media screwed up big time.

I like that this is a licensed Nintendo product and love that the look matches the look of the original SNES that I had when I was a kid, that $80 is going mainly for nostalgia. And you can get a SNES in ok shape around that price, but if you want any of the really good games i.e Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda, you are going to pay the price of this console in those three games alone. It's an easy, affordable way for me to go back and play all the games I played when I was a kid on a controller that looks just like the original. But yeah, whatever makes you happy. Some people it is cars and sports. For me it is cannabis, nature and video games :bongin:

• Like Like x 2
  15. If I didn't have emulators with every SNES game ever already, I'd be all over this.

SNES is in the running for one of the greatest consoles ever.

16. Yep, I play emulators and they are great, but to me $90 for the nostalgia I will get with the little replica is worth it, plus I like how I can easily bring it to someones house, plug in the HDMI and start playing

• Like Like x 1
  17. One week til release...Can't wait to get my hands on it and play some Mega Man X after work

18. Man I've been itching for the release date to roll around!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Me too man, I originally scheduled myself for a half day for work that day so I could pick it up and head home and get ripped and play all day, but was told on Wednesday we have a work event I gotta do that Friday now, so it will have to wait until after work

• Like Like x 1
  20. Well it's nice to know you have one console guaranteed to you right?! After work you'll have something to look foward to while others are still scrambling around and stressing on nabbing a SNES themselves lol.

I unfortunately have to wait until 10/3 for mine to be shipped from Walmart. Depending on my work schedule I may just camp out Toys R Us to nab another one, that way me and my daughter have our own to play on.