Sneezing...

Discussion in 'General' started by My Fax, Jun 25, 2007.

1. I just sneezed, and with it came an idea for a thread.

Do you find sneezing offensive at all?

I just can't understand people who when they sneeze, they hold it in the best they can so that their head almost explodes. Like, it's there for a reason, to get shit out of your sinuses. If you're gonna sneeze, just sneeze. I'd appreciate it if you didn't do it all over me, but it's just a normal function that you don't have that much control over.

People who do try to hold in their sneezes, what's your reason for doing it?

You know I can understand holding in a burp or a fart, but those you can actually hold in. A sneeze you can't, when it comes, there's no stopping it.

What's your guys' opinion on this?

2. Nah, not at all. Sneezing is fine with me.

...unless its on my food or drink. Then, I have a problem.

Hell, even farts don't bother me. I just laugh at them. Its bodily functions. Why get too upset over something EVERYONE does? :)

3. I love sneezing, it feels so damn good

and no, i don't find it offensive, as long as they cover up their mouth/nasal region so all the debris isn't coming in my direction

4. Well, right now...sneezing sucks for me. Everytime I sneeze my ribs ache.

5. I've mastered the art of making myself not sneeze, but i only do it if its in the middle of a conversation. I can feel it when im about to sneeze then I start breathing through my mouth and out my nose.

But yea, sneezing isnt bad. I've seen people black out from holding in sneezes.

The word "sneeze" is a very odd word also.

6. Hell no, it's not offense. It's hard, and sometimes impossible, to completely hold in a sneeze. You gotta do it...just turn your head away and cover your mouth. I hate it when people make it a lot louder than it has to be: "AAAAAACHOOOOOOOOO!"

7. Try to keep your eyes open when you sneeze. Now THAT is impossible.

8. So is trying to keep pissing, body just makes you stop

9. Sneezing is cool in my book as long as there is proper distance and coverage of the mouth & nose region for the people around you.

I just hate the awkwardness when people sneeze- I'm not a fan of the God bless you thing, like wtf is that about unless you are religous.

They need to come up with a socially acceptable saying for when people sneeze.

haha- like on Seinfeld

10. When people sneeze, I usually just say - "Watch out there, slugger."

They look at me funny, and I smile, and I'm sure they feel odd.

11. Sneezing is absolutely orgasmic.

I love, love, love to sneeze, I try to put as much power into it as I can sometimes.

Ka-PLOOOOOSH!

12. I don't mind "God Bless You" just I never know what to say to that. Like, "ummm....thanks for blessing me?"

13. I don't say a word when people sneeze.

What's so special about sneezing anyways? You've always got your Gesundheit, or your "You know, you really should cover your mouth."

14. i've never liked to be loud, especially when I'm not meaning to be so for quite a while I held in sneezes. sneezes, cough, squeaks, farts themselves aren't embarrassing, I just feel more comfortable if theres no attention on me. I'm a natural ninja/thief who likes to meld into the background. I'm better with it now and just let it out.

I've never liked the statements that bring attention to the functions, so excusing yourself when you cough, or blessing someone if they sneeze have never been my thing either. If it happens, ignore it and go about what you were doing.

15. i believe i heard/read somewhere that a sneeze is 1/10 of an orgasm. or maybe it was 1/8....something like that

16. As long as we're talking about pleasant body feelings, let's list a few off.

Getting something out of your teeth that's been in there all day
    Pee shiver
    Morning stretch/head rush
    Finally getting to take off your shoe and scratch the itch on the bottom of your foot

Haha, I love the simple pleasures life has to offer.

17. doesn't offend me, but i can understand people's reservations

[​IMG]

I've also seen a still of someone sneezing with a surgical mask on, and there is still a shit load a fluid that gets through.

18. What about taking a crap after an extended period of time of holding it in?

This is no lie. And it is medically possible. I once held my bowels together for 5 days straight. Seriously.

It was my first Spring Break Road-Trip ever. I was 15-16 at the time. No parents, girls, guys, booze, all the good stuff. We went to our local beach and got a hotel there for a 5 days.

Well, at this time I was blossoming into a man's man, so I was still awkward. Plus, I was at the shy-pooper stage in my life. I didn't like to go unless it was my own toilet.

So, I was there 5 days. Eating, drinking, boozin', etc. Not once did I shit. I was too afraid to shit in the apartment, because I didn't want to offend the delicate nostrils on the girls. AND, it wasn't my own toilet.

Yes, 5 days. I felt like a slug, near the end. It was horrible. Once, I got home, I, literally, left my bags on the porch and RAN to my bathroom. Beat the shit out of the toilet then. Man, THAT WAS THE BEST FEELING EVER.

19. I just got back from camping. Hot dogs + Beer evidentially means diahrea for me. Well I didn't want to do that in the woods so I held it for the 4 hour trip home. Getting home, oh man was that wonderful letting that go.

20. Releiving the itchy asshole; closest you'll come to an orgasm.