sneakerheads...

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by I~Rok~Donks, May 21, 2010.

1. I second that.

2 pair of Nike flight falcons

Another pair of nikes, idk what they are though.

And hopefully my all white Adidas shell tops, can't go wrong with all white shoes sometimes :)

2. Yeah those foams are so sick

3. Ha try like 2 grand, they weren't even for retail sale. You had to enter a contest by sending in a pic of yourself as a weird kid :rolleyes:. The guy who has them on GC is one lucky mofo :devious:

4. Where could u even wear those shoes without getting made fun of??

Im not trying to be harsh here, but those shoes look tacky.

If I saw a grown man wearing those anywhere other than on the court playing for the Celtics I would clown on him.

5. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. If I was rich, I would definitly wear them. I like those, they're fresh af.

6. If I was rich I would have custom shit. :D

I have been lookin into that nike.com custom kicks... Really thinking about shelling out the $200 to do it (thats how much it was last time I checked). I just dont know what I would want on them...

7. I did that a couple years ago, got my first and last name on some fresh looking black and white Nike id's. Your name may not fit depending on how long it is but I picked the leather material and they held up absolutely amazing. I still have them in my garage and if I were to clean the mud off of them they would look brand new.

I even wore them to a couple construction jobs and the grip was excellent. I got the high tops with the strap.

8. So my nickname is Tony Bones. U think they could fit that on there???

I think I tried and bones didnt fit...

9. Peacful stoner: Check out the pic I posted on pg8. Those airmax's next to my Jordans (the ones on the right) are seriously the most durable pair of shoes I have ever worn.

I bought those back in like 07... I used them for work crew for 2 months...

I have used them as winter shoes cause they are water proof for the last few years. All I gotta do is throw em in the wash and they look BRAND new every time.

I spent 180 on em though. So its nice to see I got my money's worth.

10. Haha thank you sir, it was the only contest they released in and it was on Twitter for the movie paranorman. And no currently not for sale.

11. Thank you!

12. Yeah when they dropped they were intially 4-5k+ due to hype. But settled right around 2.5-3k I still get offers for 3k regularly. lol Thank you!

13. Like the other poster said everyone is entitled to their own opinion. These were inspired by the movie Paranorman hence the green smoke, other designs on the shoe. They dont look tacky, that is only to your eye. These aren't meant to be worn to match colors, or for the "Celtics" it's a collectors thing I guess you could say. There were only 800 pairs made, and you could only win them. I never bought these. Infact me and my girlfriend entered the contest and she won them for me. You can wear these and you wouldn't get made fun of the only thing you would do is break necks. These aren't regular shoes just to "wear". I mean this is mainly a collectors shoes for the most part. These don't run 700$, they run about $3,000ish.

14. Some people collect them, some people wear them because of the exclusivity as I explained in my other post. This is the 2nd foamposite to have a design on it, the galaxies were the first and they were also released this past year.

15. I know some foams are cheaper and run around 1k, that's why I said 750. But obvi them foams are rare, hence the price so high. Hold on to them for like 20 years and you'll be able to mortgage your house.

16. If you wear foams out in public, your either rich as fuck, trying to be fly, or just autistic. A lot of foams are fakes though, I only seen somebody wearing real 1's once.

17. [quote name='"senta420"']If you wear foams out in public, your either rich as fuck, trying to be fly, or just autistic. A lot of foams are fakes though, I only seen somebody wearing real 1's once.[/quote]

Foams are far from rare to see for me, yea all the stores sell out right away but it's not hard to find someone with a real pair in my area. All I got do is Just walk in a local mall your guaranteed to see them a few ppl walking around them. Almost every guy I know has a pair or two or more foams. Lol @ "rich as fuck" foams cost $200-250 when they release. It is alot of money but I wouldn't call someone rich because they have one or two pair of foams most ppl who try to get them don't have their priorities right anyway.

18. Ya dude foams now are like air forces back in the early 2000's; started with a lot of guys in baltimore, philly, and new york, then the trend finally made it to Cali early this year :devious:. They really aren't expensive, just stores sell out quick because everyone thinks they are a sneakerhead if they camp out for each release :rolleyes:. I been in the game since i was 7 :D Playoff 12's (first pair of j's).

19. Not too much into foams or Jordan's, more or less adidas and some nikes. So I don't know too much about them. All I know is my buddy had these galaxy's and baught them for 800$

20. Ya the galaxy foams are probably the most sought after pair for hypebeasts ha but i like the classic colorways more, my cousin always rocked them when i was a kid. Funny how most kids don't even know who's signature shoe it was :rolleyes: