Snazzy aeroponics

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by aerosushi, Oct 16, 2010.

1. I'm curious to see what people think about this design. The plants are put into channels made of 6" pvc in 3" holes 8" apart. 2.5" from each plant is a feeder line connected to an EZ-Clone sprayer. The feeder lines come from a 1/2" line connected to a 264gph pump. The res. also has a good sized airstone for extra fun.

Lights consist of 2x 200w feliz daylight spectrum cfls.

I installed the feeder lines from the top because I worried about a root mat sitting on a sprayer. The pump is set to 30sec on 5 min off.

3 days into veg and the taproots are 3"-4" long (eyballing it).

This is my 3rd grow and my first grow without using soil. How does it look?

Attached Files:

2. How did you start them? Are they cloans or are you 3 days from seed? if 3 days from seed then damn!

3. What sprayers (model#) did you use?

Aeroponics really interests me. Not that fake shit everybody does that just shoots out water that they call aero, but the real stuff.

Subscribed and will be watching!

4. The plants in this photo had spent 3 days in this unit. The clones spent two weeks rooting in tap water in an aero/dwc cloner.

This does technically count as "that fake shit that sprays water.." I use EZ-Clone sprayers.

It's becoming apparent to me that "true" aeroponics is really idealized. The few people I know that have these setups are constantly having problems every which way.

Do the plants really grow bigger and awesomer in a fogger setup versus my knock-off nft thing? The jury is still out.

5. That's why aero is for the advanced grower. You really need to be on top of your game to run that shit.

Well at least you're trying. We do the best we can with what we have! Good Luck!!

6. I like your setup, and want to see more pictures of it. I'm trying the same thing and have grown in dirt too long to count. I wanted a challenge but also the research has such a better cost to plant ratio once it is working proper.
    So far everything i have read pretty much leans to have a smaller micron droplet then what the sprayer delivers.
    Using "mist" . that same research was saying that foggers deliver an even smaller droplet size. not enough real time studies on marijuana grow though. I feel like maybe a little of all of it could be good. The more people trying new things the better!
    Keep us posted on updates.

7. Slim chance of an update after 9 years :biggrin: