Snapped Stem, Will it live?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PaulMitchle, Dec 18, 2010.

1. I have 2 plants right now that took major blows and all it seemed to do is strengthen them. first was as a clone I accidentally cut on the stalk above where it went in the soil while shortening it. It laid over completely and began to wilt right away and continued for for a couple days but I kept misting it even though I thought it was a goner and on maybe day 3 or 4 it stood up to the light and has been fine since maybe 3-4 inches shorter than other one like it. My other messup, I was massaging main stalk to attempt to lst and get below other bud sites when stalk that was at least 1/4 inch snapped leaving small sliver of skin holding stalk together. There were other branches supporting it laying over so I just left it. It never wilted and started growing straight up again withing a couple days and now is at least a foot taller and solid bud. Weird the way abuse seems to strengthen them.

2. As long as the stem is moved back to where it was, the stem should regrow. Soft growth such as that of the marijuana plant is incredibly easy to regrow. It just fills in the space and builds back better than before.

For an interesting plant-read, check out something on the topic of grafting. You can use two different trees, top of one and bottom of another, and graft them to create a single tree. This is how many Japanese Maples are grown - maple tree trunk, Japanese Maple top. Crazy shit!

3. Thanks for the post man just really concerned i have killed her but i guess in 2-3 days i will know how she will get on ! Fingers crossed !!!

4. not only will it repair itself , it will become hard as a rock in a week or two and increas your yield on the main cola

5. [quote name='"Round Two"']As long as the stem is moved back to where it was, the stem should regrow. Soft growth such as that of the marijuana plant is incredibly easy to regrow. It just fills in the space and builds back better than before.

For an interesting plant-read, check out something on the topic of grafting. You can use two different trees, top of one and bottom of another, and graft them to create a single tree. This is how many Japanese Maples are grown - maple tree trunk, Japanese Maple top. Crazy shit![/quote]

that sounds really interesting. i wonder what mjs response would be to grafting on a branch from a different strain.

6. [quote name='"Spliffinator"']

that sounds really interesting. i wonder what mjs response would be to grafting on a branch from a different strain.[/quote]

It works

7. Just checked 5 hours later and she to be ok so far - Fingers crossed :-S

8. She is fine if anything she seems to have shown a growth spurt !!!!

9. Tried super cropping and my stem broke I put painters tape on it is it ok

10. kinda old thread man but it should survive as long as the connection is strong

11. Cut a straw and put it around the stem ..
    Just happened to mines and it's still growing

12. [​IMG]

You're answering a dude from 4 years ago.

I have two monster plants in the bud tent right now. They're so hard to move in and out of the tent now I accidentally snapped almost half one of my plants off the other day. It was broken all the way through with just skin on the bottom of the branch. Probably 8 tops or more on this branch. I duct taped it back in place and it didn't even wilt. It's rolling on and budding healthy.

MJ is the most resilient plant to breakage I've ever seen in my life. If you know of a tougher plant let me know. A branch can survive and bud from literally the skin of the branch left attached.