Snapped Stem, Will it live?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PaulMitchle, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Hey guys...the stem snapped while i was LST'ing one of my plants....i heard it snap, although its still fully in tacked but i think the fibers on the inside of the stem were ripped. Will it repair itself? Will it live? Ill try to get pictures soon.

2. best thing to do for broken stem is duct tape. a small strip wrapped over tightly where the crack is works wonders. ive done this in clone stage and had the tape a=on all the way through til the end

3. interesting... sounds ok.... any second opinions out there?

4. [​IMG]
    Super Cropping is a technique used to increase yields. You intentionally "break" the stems/shoots to effect this practice.

IMO, your plant is going to be fine if not even better,

chunk

5. #6 PaulMitchle, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010
    Damn everything is a learning experience here i love it! I learn something new everyday..even from mistakes :) So do you suggest duct taping the stem? BTW, i didnt snap the shoot, i snaped the mother stem

6. WOW. Duct Tape.... REALLY??? :cool:

Your plant will heal and grow stronger since it broke. Just support it with fishing line or string. NO DUCT TAPE!!!:D

7. i first used duct tape when i was moving a uhual full of 4 ft plants and a bunch of stalks broke and there was nothing else to do except let them be broke mid way through. It saved some huge plants and everything was still right on schedule.

8. yea it be a monster of node once it heals:D

9. yeah i checked it 2 hours ago, no duct tape btw, and it seems it got its integrity back...no duct tape or nothing... illlaylow on the traiining for a couple days then ill give it try another day. ty guys

10. waksob,

I just intentionally "broke" a dozen or so stems/shoots today while super cropping my girls, and didn't use duct tape. They're already posturing up toward the lights.:D

You'll be fine , I'm sure.

peace,

chunk

11. sweet! thanks for the re-assurance :)

12. These plants will recover from almost anything. Even if you broke it almost clean off and it was just hanging on by a thread I'd say stick it back together and don't touch it for a week. I've mutilated the shit out of some tops and a little rubber tubing slit up the side and stuck on will hold it together just fine. I've not lost one yet.

13. this is horrible advice lol

But you will be fine essentially what you did was super cropping without knowing it

14. I had one split down he middle, a little pressure holding it up and togeather and it was good as new in a week.

15. yeah its completely healed now... i didnt use duct tape or anything. the stem is stronger then it was before...hell, i would recommend braking a few stems here and there.

16. I did the same the other day while LSTing a clone. The branch was only hanging on by a thread and I ducktaped it back. The newer growth on that branch perked right back up within hours.

17. This works ? I have 2 x northern lights autos which i am lsting but snapped one of the main stems to the point it was hanging by a thread !!!! I have taped it up and supporting the stem with a stick to support the weight - any idea when i will know if it is going to be ok ?

18. [quote name='"bobtheslob"']

This works ? I have 2 x northern lights autos which i am lsting but snapped one of the main stems to the point it was hanging by a thread !!!! I have taped it up and supporting the stem with a stick to support the weight - any idea when i will know if it is going to be ok ?[/quote]

Yeah, actually works real well. I've busted mothers at a V in the main stem and taped them back together and flowered them out. The stem will actually heal stronger than it was before in that spot if you do it right.

19. Thanks man just a bit i have killed one of my girls ! Hopefully i should know she is ok in a day or 2.