Snakes and reptiles

Discussion in 'Pets' started by hype4theholiday, Mar 18, 2013.

1. This is my new account and I wanted to start it off by sparking up a conversation about snakes, reptiles, and parrots if anyone has any! I have 3 snakes, a rat snake that's leustic (sp), a matured ball python, and a beautiful 6 foot red tail. I'm also in the process of getting my second Burmese python. The first one has stargazers, which is like snake autism. I also have a jenaday conure, and about 10 different lizards and geckos, my pride and joy being my two chameleons. By the way, this is all co-owned by my boyfriend. If you have any snakes or anything, feel free to join in!

2. I have always wanted a snake. Aaallllwwwwaaaayyyyssss, I think they'd be a great pet. Right now I have a dog though, so I can hold off for now.

Snakes are bomb :smoke:

3. Have you ever looked into the different types?

4. Snakes and parrots go hand in hand :)

5. The parrots a good story. I had a fight with my SO and then after he apologized I told him I wanted a bird when we move. The same day he drove 3 hours and paid 350$ for this bird as an apology.

6. Once I am stable and know I'll be around to take care of it, I am going to be getting a parrot. A conure, African grey, or an amazon parrot.

It will depend on the area I have to work with, though

7. African greys are so smart and Funny. Conures are the prettiest imo, but loud and need attention.

8. If I was to get one right now I'd go with an amazon parrot. I love the brightness of their colors and just overall the way they look. My friend has one, I fell it love with it !

I do like the African grey parrots just because of their intelligence, but they look so plain :confused_2:

As it stands right now I have a better chance of getting a reptile, though. If I got a snake my family wouldn't visit me ( maybe that isn't a bad thing lol) they hate snakes.

9. Just get an African grey, teach it mean shit, and get a snake. Your family will freak when they come in and the grey can cuss on their way out

10. Nice choice of snakes. I have a ball python as well, we've had him for around 14 years. Great pets, their size is so convenient, not to mention their temperament. Red tails... also bad ass, gorgeous colors. And what type of chameleons do you have, any panthers?

My older brother currently has a Mexican Double Yellow head, Pancho. He's been handed from different Tios and cousins in my family throughout his lifetime. He's been in our family for around 34 years, since it was just a baby. Crazy bird.

11. We have two veiled chameleons. I want to get a baby Jackson's even though I hate the horns. But the baby is like super small and cute and good at being handled

12. Love reptiles! I happen to breed ball pythons an western hognose snakes :)

13. I wanted a pink cornsnakes but I cried when I see them feeding, dead or not I just can't feed mice to them, baby's or not it's just so cruel to me, il have one but I could never do the feeding, I had 3 cockatiels, so lovely, make te best companions, I'm sure id make a snake buddy though to smoke with, lol I wannt chameleons, which one is the horned one again?

14. I also wanted a cockatoo but can't decide between umbrella and a red macaw -(forget other kinds of cockatoos lol I know there's only 6-7) / have u ever seen a honeycome python??? so beautiful

15. Sorry correction - a killer bee ball python- have you ever see one?

16. [​IMG]

My buddy, he's about 3 years old now. I raised him from a hatchling, then released him a year later. he made his way back to my property, and periodically asks for water from the hose.

17. Jackson's!

18. Not irl. But pictures, yes!

19. That's so cute

20. #20 steelhound56, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
    I dont have any reptiles right now (my landlady freaks on the reptiles bit, so I had to adopt them out)

But I did have (and plan to have again)

A Red Tail Boa
    Ball Python
    Sun Conure (Surprisingly clever birds, they tend to bond with one person though)
    Crested Gecko
    Leopard Gecko

Reptiles and birds are awesome :D. Snakes are the ultimate stoner pet, so chill.

My ball would love to be out of his enclosure and wrap around my arm while I drove around doing errands (don't worry, I had a safe place to put him whenever I went into places). I got some interesting looks from people :devious:

My RTB was a bit too big for that.... but he was still cool as hell. He would coil up on my lap while I watched movies, played videogames etc.

The stimga against snakes needs to stop. They are so incredibly docile if you practice good handling techniques (moving slow around the head, never picking them up near the head etc.) and make sure you handle them pretty frequently. They're not smart, but they will come to assosciate their owners with comfort, warmth, and security.