Smoothies

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Huey_Freeman, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Who here loves smoothies? I just bought a new blender so I'm back in the smoothie groove. Strawberry banana is my favorite with vanilla frozen yogurt and I also add ice cubes

2. #2 Jammin Greenz, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
    I love smoothies, I make them everynight. My base is usually almond milk, hemp milk, rice milk or coconut milk which ever I can get my paws on then I add chia seeds, hemp seeds and flax seeds, some oatmeal, some wheat bran, coconut oil, a small teaspoon of bee pollen, and then I add some strawberries, some blueberries and maybe some mango or watermelon or whatever fruit I can get that week. When I get some greek yogurt in their as well.

3. I'm all about them but I need to cut back a bit.  My fav is banana, pineapple, mango with vanilla protein powder.  Started off using milk, then hemp milk and now I just use water and can't tell the difference.

Blueberry banana w/ vanilla protein powder is prob my second fav.

4. i make smoothies on the daily . one of my favorite ones made recently is a dragon fruit..well half..frozen bannas and vanilla almond milk

taste like cookies and creme for some reason

[​IMG]

5. #5 bigdub7487, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2013
    when i make smoothies in my food processor this is what i use:

any type of vanilla fat free yogurt (about a cup)
    frozen strawberries (about a cup)
    half cup of blueberries
    one banana cut into pieces
    maybe 1/2 cup milk

blend that shit to perfection and enjoy.  

6. soymilk
    frozen bananas
    coconut flakes
    chia seeds
    i don't know why this is so good to me.

7. I juice carrots , colored swish chard , and half a cucumber first. I use that as my liquid. I then add 2 bananas and choc protein powder along with flaxseeds.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. [quote name="Jammin Greenz" post="18208950" timestamp="1371165240"]I love smoothies, I make them everynight. My base is usually almond milk, hemp milk, rice milk or coconut milk which ever I can get my paws on then I add chia seeds, hemp seeds and flax seeds, some oatmeal, some wheat bran, coconut oil, a small teaspoon of bee pollen, and then I add some strawberries, some blueberries...

Hey man what is hemp milk like? ive considered adding it to my diet

9. I'm going to be making smoothies for breakfast daily when I start college in a couple months. I have this cool hamilton beach blender cup that is single serve blender with a cool top so you can just pop it off the blender and use it as a cup on the go. I plan on adding almond milk or yogurt, protein powder, frozen fruit, and a little bit of oats for some complex carbs and fiber throughout the day. Pretty balanced smoothie if you ask me!  :yummy:

10. Basically to make a milk out of something you grind it up and mix it with water. For hemp milk, they just mix hemp seeds with a bit of water and grind it up until it's a milky/creamy texture with a nutty flavor. Lots of protein, good fats, and other good stuff!

11. Frozen banana
    Peanut Butter
    Honey
    Spinach
    Water
    Chia seeds
    Cinnamon on top

The shit yo.

12. About to head up to the grocery store to get smoothie ingredients then I'm going to come back and make smoothies :)

Any suggestions for what to pickup? I'm going to get strawberrys and vanilla icecream for sure... maybe frozen yogurt instead of icecream?

Suggestions!

13. Banana
    Strawberry
    Raspberry
    Blueberry
    Agave nectar
    Greek yogurt
    Ice
    Milk if needed