Smoothie ideas

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by AS420, Mar 10, 2015.

1. #1 AS420, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
    Well, I've been on a smoothie kick lately. Been a couple weeks and I'm really enjoying it.

Haven't been getting my fruits or veggies in for a long time, so I figured this would be the best way to start incorporating them into my diet.

Now, I really don't like veggies. At all. I'm almost phobic but I need to start taking the steps to get them in.

I don't wanna go full on green smoothie just yet, so im asking you blades for ideas. I love fruit smoothies, with my favorite being strawberries + blueberries, blackberries + cranberries + banana with a coconut water base, water base, or orange juice base.

I'm looking for a green to add to this that won't make me gag or make it unbearable.

Any tips? Tricks? Ideas? Recipes you blades like?

Of course, I could use google but that shit is for squares. :Metal:

2. Kale. I hate it in everything, except smoothies. It's much much more nutritious than lettuce and other veggies but you don't taste it at all when you mix it with fruits. I was a skeptic too before I tried it.

3. Yeah, I've heard that suggestion too. You really can't taste it? I hear the same thing about spinnach.

it really depends on your other ingredients. for example if you add a bit of ginger, you probably won't be "tasting" much of anything else.

i use kale an spinach interchangeably as a base for my shakes.

i also add a lot of interesting, exotic ingredients (not all at once, of course):
    chia seeds, hemp seeds, goji berries, spirulina, maca powder, cacao nibs, raw cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, ashwagandha, bulk vitmain 5, creatine, etc. 

experiment.

if you can't drink it ... in the absolute worst case scenario, well.. you've wasted a banana and some spinach 

5. Fruit

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Thanks for the reply.

I've been interested in adding chia and flax seed as well.

I guess I'll just experiment and see what works and what I like.

7. Spinach, orange, pineapple, banana, coconut water and a few ice cubes....awesome.

8. #8 AS420, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
    Oh that sounds really good!

I picked up some more berries today as well as oranges, pineapple, cantaloupe, more bananas, and for the first green.. spinnach.

I made my fav berry smoothie earlier and included the spinnach, and I didn't notice any difference in taste so Im pretty thrilled about that. :Metal:

9. My breakfast smoothie : 2 Bananas, oats, honey, almonds and some oj.

Its fucking phenomenal

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Nice! I'll have to try that out.

I've been stuck on my berry smoothie for a couple weeks now, so I decided I switch it up tonight.

Oranges, lemons, pineapple, cantaloupe, cranberries, and spinach. Added just a little bit of orange juice, as well as 100% apple juice.

Pretty damn good.

11. #11 trevordd, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    I really like some berry and bananas smothies. I found some cool recipes of them on foodjj.com website. They are really healthy and delicious. Do you like berries, guys?

12. Oh yes definitely!

Berries have been at the core of my smoothies since I started trying new ones out.

Cant go wrong with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and cranberries.

if you get a chance, buy some dried goji berries. they are not that tasty by themselves.. kinda overly sweet, but work great in smoothies.

plus: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/substance/goji

14. Thanks dude, I'll check those out. :Smoke: