Smoothest hitting perc/bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Mramazing42, Nov 28, 2013.

1. I am looking to upgrade from my bong and would like to be smoothest hitting as possible. I currently have a 12 arm tree perc and a honeycomb ashcather and it hits pretty damn smooth but would like even better. The bong I currently have was $250 and I am looking to spend about $300 on my next one. 

So what is proven to be the best type of bong/perc for the smoothest hit?

2. 186 views and not 1 person has any idea? Thought there was supposed to be some knowledgeable members here?!

3. Personally I like the honeycomb Great diffuse and very smooth. but I recommend going to your local Headshop and testing them out(with water) see what you

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. *Like

5. Yea I have a honeycomb ash catcher right now and it is amazing. Thinking about getting a double honeycomb soon but not sure yet.

6. I feel double honeycomb may leave a lil drag here's my with ashcatcher ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1385698232.757298.jpg it's very smooth

7. Yea that's what I was thinking, that's a nice little bong there man. Do you know what good percs have little drag?

8. #8 nativetongues, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
    I feel like a large part is who the perc comes from. There are some designs like honeycombs, waffles/donuts, and stemlines that I feel lend themselves towards less drag but if you get a shitty stemline or shirty honeycomb then it can be just as draggy as any other piece. In terms of drag I would say probably Percs that have a stem going up like trees or circs generally have more drag. However trees from companies like sov and toro are pretty much dragless. Once again that just comes down to who's blowing the piece. Personally I'm a fan of things like stemline to discs and ratcheted showerheads because they are two seperate Percs but I like how the perc diffuses and shoots it straight through the next perc. I've generally found those kind of double chambers to have virtually no drag, if made by a good company. I own an syn airstrike and k nine pig bubbler which both have ratcheted showerheads and they both have virtually no drag. Whereas pieces like disc to tree Percs especially if made by a shitty company have a shitload of drag. Also anytime a piece has more than two Percs from an unrepeatable company it's probably a pretty good bet you'll be pulling a lung out. Personally I also think that stemless bongs are much better than stem pieces. I've never hit a piece with a stem that clears as quickly as a nice stemless piece and had as much diffusion. The fact that the stem comes in at 45 often limits it's ability to fire whereas stemlines are 90 degrees and are more consistent in firing from all holes. Also just another reccomendation is do not under any circumstance get a perc with only a couple holes or slits. I could be wrong but I've always been under the impression that the more holes, slits, or grids there are in a perc the less drag it will generally have. Just my two cents. I would check out apix. His stuff is a lil but pricier but it's thick, quality American glass with amazing stemlines and pretty much no drag. I would also check out ssfg. They make a really nice hybrid stemline. Also I would check out a company called American glass on brother with glass. I'm sure they're probably a Chinese company but their gridded stemlines look like a steal for 85 and don't look too bad in terms of drag.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. The stereo matrix from Mobius is smooth and dragless. But it will cost you around 400

10. Where would you recommend I go to look? I have looked at GC and Aqualab and cant find the right piece. I honestly think going to a smoke shop is better haha

11. maybe you should save a couple more hundreds and get a bc2013 netline to diffused showerhead for $550? or a stem8 for $500 or a stero matrix for $420? those would be a nice upgrade IMO

12. Good luck finding a stem8 for $500:)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #13 Mramazing42, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2013
    So if I can find a stem8 for $500 I should get it? Or should I get the stereo matrix for $420?

EDIT: Found a Stem8 for $500.

14. Your choice really, they're all great pieces....you will love either choice.

But I have a 60t right now and I plan on gettin a Stem 8 in the future. Not that I dont like the 60t, I love it but I like to have a different hit from time to time so I got a few pieces.

15. How the hell did you find a stem 8 for 500?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I found one for under $500 at aqualab haha

17. Yeah but they've been sold out for like a year over there. Havent seen one put up in a WHILE......