smokings too harsh?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by stonerwiz420, Mar 21, 2014.

1. what's up grasscity, just thought i'd see if any of you have gone through the same thing. so i've been smoking weed for quite some time, most of the times it's after school or sometimes i do a wake n bake before school. but now recently i've found that maybe i can't handle smoking, since yesterday i've had this horrible deep chest cough and congestion but no other symptoms of the cold virus, it could be just allergies but i don't see how i would get those from weed. but it's possible i've been smoking too much, do you think i need to start vaping again? i've used my vaporizer a ton in the past and it's been really easy on my lungs, so could that be it? i just smoked myself out? Let me know what you guys think and if you've been through the same experience as me, i usually smoke bowls but i smoke the occasional blunt. Peace grasscity

2. Yea im going through the same thing as you bud. Just cut down on the smoking a bit and it should clear up bro but if it really hurts you (i.e. you feel pain) then just stop smoking for a couple days, you can smoke anyday but your lungs dont grow back

Good luck bro!

3. For me the only thing I notice is the black stuff I cough up in the mornings which is expected with the amount of weed that I smoke throughout the day. Are you asking if you should switch back to vaping cause of your cough? 

4. Do you have a water filtration tool? The smoke is harsh because the butane in your lighter heats up the temperature, but if you use hempwick, it'll cool down the temperature making the smoke less irritant on your throat. 

5. same here. i smoke through it unless it gets bad

6. that actually helped, i just smoked some bomb indica last night and the hempwick didn't burn my throat as much

7. ahhh the evil monkey lol, maybe vaping would help, i don't know for sure though, i mean last night i smoked some indica which help put me to sleep and i woke up coughing a little bit but i think it's mainly because it's allergy season, but i might switch back to my vaporizer, it always gets me way higher than a pipe

8. This has been happening for one day, otherwise your fine? Dude I bet you just have a minor virus, it doesnt mean you cant handle smoking anymore... SMH

9. it's been about a week but i'm guessing it's probably just allergies, i hope i can still handle smoking, i wanna be able to light up a blunt or smoke a bowl in a bong and be able to handle it, though next time i smoke a bong i'm gonna try putting ice in there to see if that'll give me a smoother hit, some people say it will

People say it's smoother outdoors because the air temps are lower and half of what you inhale is the air, goodluck.

11. haha i don't usually smoke in my room anyways, if i'm gonna smoke in my room i use a vaporizer and a smoke buddy to cover up the vapor smell, in fact i just did a wake n bake with my vaporizer about an hour ago

Fair enough :) One last tip, try some menthol chewing gum or something before toking, when I had a cold I noticed my throat didn't hurt that much if I was eating a throat lozenger whilst toking.

13. fa sho i'll try that, thanks

14. #14 josephjt93, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014
    You people with lung problems might want to reassess HOW you're smoking (holding the smoke in your lungs max 5 seconds or less if needed) and if smoking is right for you given your poor lung conditions. I cycle often and have been smoking heavy for two years and haven't had a problem. If you're introducing something harmful to your lungs, you must do equally beneficial activities to balance it. Try getting healthy. I find vaporizing harms my lungs more than smoking, it's the strangest thing. I get the worst coughs and my lungs feel heavy every time I try to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Stop being a faggot and use your own brain. Th answer is pretty fucking self explanitory. Either stop being a Faggot and smoke more or use your vape. Whats the point of making a thread? Anyone with a shred deductive reasoning skills wouldve known that he should either grow some balls and smoke or use a vape.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. something you might want to think about is the quality/cleanliness of your flowers. If they havent been flushed properly they can certainly be a very harsh smoke. Nitrogen left in the plant from synthetic nutrients is real bad, when nitrogen like that is burned, it creates ammonia..

17. Just like Wiz Khalifa said '' If you don't choke, you don't smoke. ''

18. What's this black stuff people ought up that you guys are mentioning I only vape and never had this happen plz explain

19. Shit I have strep right now and I'm still smoking. I am trying to avoid massive bong rips, my throat is pretty sensitive at the moment😜

20. Anyone with a shred of deductive reasoning skills would also know that your a douchebag.