smoking with your plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by groob4000, Nov 17, 2008.

1. i was thinking, in order to get a good amount of carbon dioxide for my plants since theyre in a closet, what is i smoked my bowls in there? because when you burn something it produces Co2 correct?
    yey or ney

what do you all think

2. talk to your plants the will give off Co2 that will work do not smoke in there

3. i baked out my plants.

4. Don't smoke in your grow area - just make sure you change out the air in there occassionally. You would be better off to just open the door, if nothing else.

5. Guys plants are alive, and just like people will take on the toxins and chemicals in the environment we live in. If your in a room of sick people, chances are your going to get sick. If you smoke near your plants they will take on and absorb smoke, and taste affected. Treat your plants like little girls because thats what they are! beautiful lil girls!

6. Are you saying smoke out your lil girls? :smoking:

7. haha i would agree thats what that sounds like!

8. id want my plants 2 get high though .

9. haha! theyd probab;y get lazy and not grow then!

10. I've heard it actually lowers the thc levels when you smoke in the same area your plants grow in.

Seems like kind of a step backwards to me :)

11. Pretty much the deal is that when you blow your smoke out it is really particulite in nature means that it has particles that you cant absorb. But that dont mean that the plants wont so really you are definitely introducing a element that could potentially either harm or help your grow you want to know I smoke right on top of mine and if I am right didnt Cheech and Chong smoke over the tops of their plants. Also has anybody heard the one about pissing on em for "nutrient deficency" or something like that/ Guess that might have a particle or two also. Thanks for the post was kinda wondering myself.

12. ^^ what???
    pissing on your plants is not a good idea at all....
    unless they're in the woods and you're looking to keep animals away...
    even then, not on them. do little girls like to get pissed on?
    no r kelly jokes please. ha! but seriously.

No don't smoke in there and no don't piss on them.

smoke/ smog is killing the planet obviously plants don't enjoy it.

13. HAHA! wtf...:)

14. I don't think burning something creates CO2, I think it creates smoke..not sure though. One option to create a little more CO2 is to take yeast, sugar and water and put it into a bottle. To get the idea a little better just GOOGLE wine making. I had a thread on that here recently...

15. #15 MagikWand, Nov 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2008
    Yes, the bottle method works...however, depending on the quantity you use and the size of bottle, it only lasts for a short period of time blah blah.

What I did was took a water jug (5 gal.) and filled it with about 3 gals. water, roughly 9 tbsp of yeast, and about 12 cups of sugar. (as a result, i now have no sugar ha.)

The way I did this is for a relatively large grow room. You can do this on a much smaller scale (or even a LARGER scale). It all depends on the size of your grow room. What it does is the yeast eats away at the sugar releasing the chemical reaction that gives off CO2.

Also, CO2 is more dense than Oxygen so you should put the bottle at a higher elevation, for it sinks downwards, than your plant. Keep a fan going so that the CO2 can disperse well too.:)

16. fitzyno1
    [​IMG]

PROPS TO FITZYNO1

Re: Co2 Question
    Yes, by just being in your growroom, you release CO2 into the air for the plants, the more you're in there, the more CO2 you release.

As far as i remember, the baking soda and vinegar method consists of a drip system from where vinegar drips on the baking soda.

Other than a regulator and a bottle of CO2, there are a few other way to create CO2 in growroom.
    The most common would be the sugar and yeast recipe. You can purchase active yeast in your local homemade brewery shop.
    Depending on your growroom size:
    The following recipe should supply a 8x6x8 (LxWxH) growroom for 2 or 3 weeks:
    Ingredients:
    Active yeast.
    Sugar
    5L plastic bottle with screw-on lid
    Sharp knife
    Warm water

Put 4 or 5 cups of sugar in the plastic bottle, add 3L of water, the warmer the better, not boiling (it will melt the plastic bottle), just warm enough to dissolve the sugar. Let it cool down to room temperature and add a few tablespoons of the active yeast. With the sharp knife (or scalpal) make a slice on the top of the screw-on lid. Screw the lid on, and shake the bottle regularly for 2 days, there you go. After 2 days it will produce CO2.The ingredients will react with eachother, the yeast eats the sugar and (excuse my french) shits out alchol while releasing CO2. Even though it consantly releases CO2, you should shake the bottle frequently, it keep the mixture active and it will let bursts of CO2 into the air.

PROPS TO FITZYNO1

17. Burning things don't release CO2. Breathing does, sure, but smoke contains Carbon Monoxide not Carbon Dioxide--one extra oxygen atom makes a big difference. If you burn ANYTHING carbon based it will release CO, not CO2.

Just to be clear for those who may have slept through 9th grade chemistry class: Carbon Monoxide is bad, mmkay.

Plus there is the whole Mad Cow complex. If plants could benefit from smoke it would still be a real sick joke to make plants breathe their own ancestors. It is like feeding cows beef, or chickens, chicken. It is not good for animals, so it can't be good for plants. Seems like something Hannibal Lector would do for amusement if he were a plant
    ;)

18. Can't you just use regular yeast from the store..you don't need anything special I don't think. I am probably wrong though, I just thought about this the other day.

19. Yes, any kind of yeast works. I asked the same thing when I talked to him about it. I just used a bread machine yeast. It was a kind of powder form.

20. This is partially correct.. combustion releases CO but it does also release CO2 just
    not enough to make it worthwhile to a grow operation. The soot and other byproducts
    of the combusion will gather on your light bulb, leafs, etc, all harming the growth
    and production of your plant.

If you want additional CO2, do the sugar and yeast method. I do it, but I highly
    doubt it actually contributes anything worthwhile, but I do it for the peace of
    mind mostly. I assume that no matter what (except above 1600ppm) that
    the more the merrier, so if I can release some.. the plants will use it.

Using combusion in an enclosed space for a grow is just plain irresponsible and
    should be avoided at all costs.

Brew some beer.. use the CO2 from that for your grow and drink some homebrew :)

:bongin: ~Experimentalist