Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking with the flu

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kickapenguin, Jan 20, 2008.

1. hey guys i have the flu and it sucks balls.

i was wondering if any of you have ever smoked with the flu, will it take longer for me to get better? or will it not have any affect on my sickness?

any advice would be appreciated:smoking:

2. Oh man please smoke it will put you right to sleep get high as fuck then pass out and have a packed pipe right next to you for when you roll over you rip it still lying down.

3. i figured it couldnt be too bad.

being stoned will make it more berrible anyway right

anyone else have a say

4. i got the flu and it totally sucks..iv been smoking for the past two days iv been sick..i just try to not overdue it..cant say its very good for you but its hard for me to go without it

5. i see exactly what you mean dude

6. dude im fighting the flu right man now i say go for it

7. You all are just kidding yourselves, i have done it too and it's just a bad idea. Definitely makes your recovery slower. Smoking with any respitory sickness is not a great plan.

8. I smoked with a fever just a few hours ago. I've come down since then but it was probably one of the worst smoking experiences I've had in a while, just because I couldn't stop coughing at all. I took like five minutes after each hit just coughing it up. I felt like my lungs were literally being lit on fire. Now that I'm sobering up and the sedative pain-killing effects are wearing off, I'm aching all over the place. I'm still having coughing fits three hours later, too. It kind of sucks.

Definitely wouldn't recommend it, but to each his own.

9. I came down with a cold a while back and just kept smokin (blunts and bowls a day) as usual, a bit over a week later i began couching up loads of phlegm and had a mad sore throat. Smoking made it worse, so if you do light up, can't be no bowl after bowl type of thing.

10. this is true. you'll definitely regret it

11. i would think it wouldnt help you get better persay but it prolly would help you get more sleep which would prolly get you back on your feet faster. Personally id rather just take alot of medicane that knocks me out then toke my buds.

12. I use my vaporizer when I have a cold, alot easier on your lungs.

13. i made a vaporizer it works well

14. I have the flu at the moment and when I smoke it rips my chest to pieces.
    It offered A little sedation for A short period but now its worn off I feel like CRAP !

15. I have smoked with the flu, strep throat etc... Always makes me feel 200% better.

ALTHOUGH I will admit that it makes my sickness last for a few weeks vs a few days-1 week. I consider it a fair trade since after you smoke, you almost forget you're sick.

16. Nah dude... i dont know what kinda shit these people are smoking lol but it will make ur flu worse.

I got a sinus infection right now and im laying off the bud. smoking weed is a throat and nasal irritant and breaks down your immune system (which is why they say always make sure you take your vitamin C when smoking)

If you want to get better soon i strongly suggest you buy Olive Leaf extract tincture from Whole Foods. Its a natural but bitter anti viral/bacterial remedy that works like a charm. It cures a lot of things, u just put some drops into your juice or water.

Also, if you have a sore throat boil quite a lot of thyme in a pot for like 10 mins. Skim off the foam as it collects at the top and throw it out. This will heal your throat so so so well.

Peace!

17. I just recovered form a flu recently. Only thing I can say, if you don't have a cough then it's ok to toke, though if you have one try and wait it out till most of it goes away. I had the flu like 10 days ago, and still have a little cough left, only reason was because the smoking makes it last longer.

If you don't have a cough, it's ok imo just take some zinc+vitamin c and you should be ok, otherwise wait it out till your cough is no longer there or almost gone(but will make it last longer).