Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking with low blood pressure

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jardeh, Aug 19, 2011.

1. I often suffer from hypoglycemia which is caused by low blood pressure. This has caused me to pass out a few times both high and sober.

It's nothing too frequent, and usually low blood pressure intensifies the highs, but in extreme conditions that shit is generally uncomfortable and it's not at all good for simply chilling.

Common symptoms include excessive sweating, twitching, rapid heartbeat, weakness etc'. Usually it makes tasks as simple as walking very unsettling.

I was just wondering if anybody else suffered from the same conditions and if so, how do you deal with it? I've heard some people say that it's brilliant and makes highs much more interesting, but I personally think it takes away the chill aspect of being high.

2. Be careful my friend has low blood pressure and faints allot when high. Just smoke sitting down.

3. hmmmm I remember when it was like my 4th time smoking my whole face began to sweat maybe I had low blood pressure too...just recently I went pale after a few bowls with my iolite and I was extremely dizzy and couldnt really hear anything...caused by low blood pressure too?

4. Yep, common symptoms. Happens to me too. It sucks smoking with low blood pressure. The highs are interesting, but you have the inability to just chill and get on with things.

5. #5 StickyIckyWeed, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
    From what you said there, I think I've had low blood pressure some times. Generally in the mornings. Like, I'm so weak it's hilarious. It's like I can't grab anything hard at all. It's so weird. Might be because I'm tired? I dunno.

Oh, and when I was a kid I fainted without reason one time in class. We were making stuff, then the teacher had to glue something for me since it was hot glue and I was a kid then I just suddenly fell backwards and to the ground. I went head first and didn't feel shit. Then I couldn't see ANYTHING for like five minutes. It was all pitch black. It really freaked me out. To this day, I have no idea what it was and neither did the doc.

EDIT: I was sitting on a desk and fell head first to the ground. I wasn't just standing. I was sitting on a desk, then fell back and with all my weight above my head. So that was a lot of fucking weight on my head.

6. Well gladly it only happened like three times since I toke so, it doesnt bother me that much. Last time was extreme though, I had like zero control over my body I thought I would pass out but after 10 minutes I was fine.

7. Low blood pressure contributes significantly to the tendency to pass out. Although, it's pretty common. I'm sure the simple solution would just to eat and drink to raise your blood pressure prior to smoking. Although, I've tried doing that and it does not inhibit dizziness and malaise after smoking.

8. I remember going in the kitchen. I ate something then on the way back I started to feel the dizzyness and loss of hearing (vaped like 1 hour before that), never thought that would happen after eating.

9. #9 g12231dfa1, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
    My mother (Nurse) tells me there is a strong possibility that I'm hypoglycemic, but I can only recall feinting once in my entire life (never determined the reason for the feint.) And it wasn't while high (many years before I began smoking in fact.) I have experienced the rapid heart beat,(while high) but that may just be all in my head. I find that after eating I no longer notice any increased heartbeat. It could be that you're getting uncomfortably high, try smoking a little less each time until it's comfortable for you. Only advice I can offer, good luck!