Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking with CHS (cannabinoid hypermesis syndrome)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Type1cory, Jan 16, 2017.

1. You are so clueless... it’s 100% legit

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. I would also like to add, that I can see where everyone who is doubtful is coming from. I never thought it was a thing until it happened to me. So I hope karma is good to you all and that none of you ever have to go through CHS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dude, I have CVS as I mentioned in my first response to this post and have had it since I was 11 years old (I am now 21). I know how to take care of myself when I do have a CVS episode, but this one was different and normal medication didn't work. My doctor knows my condition and talked to me about CHS and how there is more research going into it now that it's becoming more of an issue. Im not sure if it's something to do with the strain or etc.. but I have never been so violently sick in my life to where I had to be hospitalized 3 separate times in a 2 week period. Do you think anyone believed the first people who had any kind of disease with an unknown cause? No. No one did. Look it up. All I'm saying is that this is very real to people who are going through this, don't snub your noses to the idea that CHS might actually be a real thing, and just be supportive to others. It's stressful enough to be this sick... and then to have people tell you you're faking it just adds on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. To add some more info, I used to use mj for my nausea to help me get through my CVS episodes! This time it only made it worse and I quit as soon as I consulted my doctor!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Oh trust me! I am very much still pro-cannabis!! I'm was never trying to ruin it for anyone, just trying to get some clarification from others who have experienced this. I've always thought of mj as a Heaven-sent medication cure-all for every kind of ailment so for me, having these negative reactions is very sad. I love smoking and unfortunately I live in a state where it still isn't widely accepted. Here's to hoping for some answers and widespread legalization! Hopefully I will be able to rip it again one day, but for now, health is my #1 priority. I'm 103 lbs after this, 5'9",....I've got to focus on my health before I even think about toking again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CVS is a pharmacy.
    CHS is cannabinoid hypermesis syndrome.
    Which do you have?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Oh ok.
    I thought this was about CHS.
    Is it the same thing?

8. Just so everyone's clear, i'm going to give a shorter, less tl;dr summary, and then below that ill make a very long detailed version describing everything.

Summary: (220lbs, 5'11, male.) even though most people report having symptoms for days and weeks on end mine were gone within 32 hours of very first signs of symptoms. all i did was drink one glass peppermint tea, 2 hot showers and a lot of body purging, both willing and unwilling forms of body purging. i smoke with an oil pen, not with herbs and ive only been smoking for 2 months however there wasnt one hour of any day that i was sober. like i said my experience is quite similar to most yet quite different, as all the same things happend to me, just with different time lengths and less worse symptoms, from what ive read so far i consider myself lucky, if your still curious, please read my full experience, Thank you.

I intend to make a pretty detailed CHS report even though my situation is extremely similar to most. i want as much public information on this as possible so im gonna make it long. Here are my stats before we begin (220lbs, 5'11, male.) One thing thats different in my situation is many people seem to be saying that their symptoms are lasting multiple days and weeks. Now in all fairness i have only been smoking about 2 months, But for that 2 months i dont think i was ever sober for more than an hour. my tolerance was extremely high needing to smoke almost triple what i had to in the last month, Im not sure how many people relate to that but the point of this is, my symptoms lasted less than 2 days, i woke up one morning with a stomach ache that prevented me from sleeping, it slowly started hurting more and more over time my first instinct was to ofc pick up my pen. (i smoke concentrated THC oil for anyone wondering) most people here seem to smoke grass, dont know if thats huge info but might as well include it. Anyways i actually had not even a thought of vomiting all day for the first day just thought it was a mild bug. however by night time the pain was unbearable and even though the thought that this weed could have been the problem, i took the most regrettable and hardest hit i have ever taken. This let me get some sleep for about 5 hours (as it does actually immediately help then later takes its toll,) Before i woke up and almost immediately i got up and sprinted to the bathroom and vomited there for the next few hours until eventually i got desperate. I do not get sick often so my first thought was to try and recognize any unfamiliar patterns in my lifestyle recently; foods eaten, people and places visited, possibly working out too hard the previous day. But for some reason my first instinct was to google "weed sick" which sure enough led me to the horrible truths behind CHS. like i said i was in a very desperate painful state so the second i saw the words "Currently the only thing that is known to help pain is multiple hot showers a day." i immediately ran back into my bathroom throwing my shower to its hottest setting and than going back to my toilet to throw up because it smelled like throw up in their. I then got into the incredibly hot shower and almost immediately felt a state of pure bliss. i almost wanted to lie down and take a nap then and their however my shower isnt very capable of sleeping in, its hard to explain. Anyways the pain almost instantly and completely stopped, i felt relieved and after about an hour of feeling like i wasnt even sick and i was just imagining it when i was out of the shower. I finally got the courage to turn off the water, grab a towel and walk out of my bathroom. This was almost immediately regretted by me. i could have simply just gone back into my shower however the water was starting to become less and less hot obviously so i decided to just man up and stay out of the shower, the first thing i did was continue my personal research on CHS. After about an hour of research i made myself some hot peppermint tea which i read helps your stomach relax and i actually went into my guest bathroom because it has a little ledge for my tea and i could actually lay down in it. I put some headphones on and had a great time in that shower. In the span of about 2 hours i slept a tiny bit (as much sleep as you can get in a shower) and drank tea and listened to music, eventually the water just wasnt warm enough anymore so i somehow got the strength to get out knowing it would bring the pain back. i then felt as if i had to poop a small amount, i ended up unleashing pounds of liquid into that toilet from my anus. Im sorry for un-needed details but it could be important everyone realize the amount of diarrhea that left my body because that could have been the action that saved me. So now here is the confusing part, after my movement i went back to my room to do more CHS research as i was almost certain by now thats what it was, and waited for the pain to come back. But it never did. Thats right in literally less than 32 hours i was almost fully cured, thats a slight stretch but later that night i felt so fuckin good i went for a jog down my street and i came pack sweating and panting and guzzling water. If that doesnt prove how well i felt idk what will, im not sure if this makes me more or less sensitive, as some people said they didnt get this after smoking for years and then they just randomly got CHS, i understand a little bit why people are skeptical of that, but in my case i only lasted a couple fuckin months. However i did find this: "Always remember, the pen is mightier than the herb: oil cartridges typically have a higher concentration of THC than flower. Start slow and low if you’re trying a new oil." - Kyle Merwin. And i do agree with this, however it still seems too short compared to some people not being affected for years of straight smoking. Anyways this about wraps up my entire personal experience with CHS, this all took place this week also this isnt faint memory like others, just wanted to make that clear as well. sorry for any typos or grammar flaws in general. Thank you everyone for reading.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I 100% understand why you think it’s fake. I used to refuse to believe that weed could be harmful in any way to anyone. I’m still 100% pro weed and I’m still smoking just not as much because I love it so much.i can promise you though, it is real. The pains and the throwing up is not just “made up”. There’s no way I puked 40 times in a day because I made up some disease in my head. And for the statement that we can’t “handle our weed” and we “suck at smoking bud” I’ve smoked countless .5 bows, smoked a gram bowl, smoked a .5 kiefer and so much more so if you think we can’t smoke think again. This disease is from smoking too much weed (THC buildup) so yes obviously we can all smoke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'm not saying that I think CHS is fake.
    I completely believe that you guys are suffering from some kind of reaction from smoking bud.
    But here's the thing, this was completely non existent until very recently.
    After thousands of years of use this has popped up.
    And it wasn't a thing until growers started using more and more chemicals to improve the look, smell, weight etc...
    Phospho-load has been connected to birth defects and genetic damage.
    Eagle 20 creates cyanide compounds when combusted.
    Neonicotineoids (derived from tobacco) become systemic and are some of the most deadly poisons known to man.
    Even neem oil and it's derivatives, which are supposed to be organic and safe are suspect now.
    Same with pyrethrim which comes from chrysanthemums. Also supposed to be organic and safe.
    Just something to think about. All are used in growing pot. None have been tested to be safe after combustion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. CHS is a real thing. Most likely what is happening here is you are reacting to the chemicals used to grow the cannabis. Like others have stated, people have been smoking cannabis for a very very long time and yet this 'disease' just showed up just now? Give me a break! Stop spraying your plants with chemicals, stop feeding chemicals, and you might not have your reaction. You think the dispensary buds are safe? Nope! The growers all use chemicals there is just no information about possible side effects... until now.. Hello CHS.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. chemicals on plants could definitely be a possibility but ive read some peoples stories that have grown their own plants and have still experienced CHS

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. have you tried smoking again? if you do let us know how it goes

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. I like being high...

Same as anything that has downsides. Drinking causes hangovers, everyone still drinks. Eating poorly makes you fat, people eat awful everyday. Smoking cigarettes gives you cancer, people still smoke. Being in the sun can give you skin cancer, so am I not supposed to go to the beach?

I feel the symptoms and stop right away and I have no problems other than a stomach ache for a day. Worth it to me... just my opinion.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. You don‘t have to believe it‘s true. The People who are struggeling with CHS know it‘s definitely real and awful!
    This blog Here, should help CHS victims to discuss their Problems, Maybe find a good solution how much to smoke. Real cannabis Users will understand That it‘s not easy to read other peoples comments like „Then stop smoking Cannabis“. That makes me angry! Of course we could just stop using it, but if there is any possible way to smoke it (Even if it is just 1 Time a year, what we Can‘t know because there aren‘t enough information about CHS. But thats why people are writing this Blog to find out if anyone made the same or different experience, if someone can answer the million questions we got!! and it‘s just disrespectful to ruin these serious questions with answers like „it‘s Not real“ or even making jokes about it! So if this is your opinion, Right, But PLEASE don‘t discuss this here, were people are trying to solve a SERIOUS Problem. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. yes as a matter of fact, i smoked a little more than 1 week after the day my suymptons went away (around 10 days) and ive been smoking everyday ever skince with no problems, just gott remember to purge every once in awhile, its also great for my tolerance.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. yeah thats what ive been doing ever since I had it the first time. You’ll get to the point where you wake up with stomach aches and thats when you know you need to take a little T-break. If you do it when you first feel the symptoms the t-break doesn’t need to be too long but if youre dumb like me and keep smoking for a couple days then you have to take a longer T-break and your stomach just hurts everyday.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. After a month after CHS I smoked again. I even had a small rebound episode in the middle of the month.

It was a good high and I felt amazing. Best high in ages, actually. I did it because I've been feeling like crap lately. I think withdrawal from no cannabis. Headaches, bad sleep, anxiety.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. I just responded to another thread. I believe neem oil is what caused my CHS symptoms. I grow my own. I switched to my brothers weed and have not experienced any problems since. 4 months of daily use and counting. No problems. No feeling of being poisoned daily. No uncontrollable shakes followed by 105 body temp. (3 different times) Had a paramedic tell me he never saw a temp that high. All gone.

• Like Like x 1