smoking with bf?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by looklikebarbiee, Jul 6, 2012.

1. welp this is my first post here and my friend told me I should ask people here how to deal with some bf troubles! I was like..'a weed enthusiast website? really?' but hey it's worth a shot.

my boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years now and we're moving in together at the end of summer. we were friends for years before we got together and both smoked weed on the reg. of course, both being avid pot smokers, we smoke together a LOT. but I'm starting to worry if we smoke too much?

my friends think a healthy relationship should be sober together from time to time to function properly. the problem is..I don't remember the last time we hung out with both of us being sober (keep in mind he smokes a lot more than I do).

however, because of our currently hectic lives, we hardly see each other to begin with. maybe a couple times a week he'll sleep over, and of course, we get baked.

should I be worried about what our relationship will face when we are living together? will the constant smoking still work out? I think I'm worrying for nothing but figured I'd ask.:/

thanks!

2. As long as you guys aren't slamming bong rips while slamming each other in bed, I don't really see the issue.

Moderation is key, but Mary Jane is sweet.

3. [quote name='"Steelson"']As long as you guys aren't slamming bong rips while slamming each other in bed, I don't really see the issue.

Moderation is key, but Mary Jane is sweet.[/quote]

we've actually hit the bong while fucking?:/ ahahaha..

4. This changes everything.

I suggest immediate proffesional therapy.:devious:

5. [quote name='"Steelson"']

This changes everything.

I suggest immediate proffesional therapy.:devious:[/quote]

well shit. :(

6. Blow your hits into his butt, that'll spice up your relationship

7. [quote name='"Gr33nD420"']Blow your hits into his butt, that'll spice up your relationship[/quote]

great advice! thanks, man!

8. As long as you guys are still spending time with each other and you make each other happy than it should be okay. Dont let weed take over you're relationship just let it enhance it. Even if it's enhanced all the time ;) :smoke:

9. all jokes aside, unless it's degrading the amount of time and the quality of time you guys spend together, it should be totally fine.

Bud brings us closer together

10. [quote name='"looklikebarbiee"']

we've actually hit the bong while fucking?:/ ahahaha..[/quote]

Just to try it? Or does this happen every time you have sex? o____O cause shiiiit who wouldn't wanna have some awesome sex while taking a bong rip! Loool

11. [quote name='"x8rUn0x"']

Just to try it? Or does this happen every time you have sex? o____O cause shiiiit who wouldn't wanna have some awesome sex while taking a bong rip! Loool[/quote]

ha we don't do it every time we have sex but we do it occasionally. sometimes we hit a joint as well. :p

12. Hey, If you feel it is causing stress or problems then just stop for a day or 2 see how it is different. I cant vouche to say that he would stop for the time being but.. It is worth a try.

But I have to say I think a healthy relationship, Isnt about being sober..

If your doing everything in life that you need to do (Examples: Working, paying bills on time, Buying groceries when your all out, Taking care of yourself, Communicating with eachother) ETC ETC... I mean as long as your doing all those things in life. I think that your all good.

Now if you where fighting all the time and not doing the things you needed to do then I would say that it is probably affecting you negativly.

IDK if I made a whole lot of sence kinda lost myself a couple times, But I hope you got something out of it. Oh and to let you know I have been in the same relationship for 6 years now and going to be getting married soon. So I am somewhat trustworthy for advice.

Just like Steelson said. Moderation is key. That goes with everything in life..

13. [quote name='"WaGreenGuru"']Hey, If you feel it is causing stress or problems then just stop for a day or 2 see how it is different. I cant vouche to say that he would stop for the time being but.. It is worth a try.

But I have to say I think a healthy relationship, Isnt about being sober..

If your doing everything in life that you need to do (Examples: Working, paying bills on time, Buying groceries when your all out, Taking care of yourself, Communicating with eachother) ETC ETC... I mean as long as your doing all those things in life. I think that your all good.

Now if you where fighting all the time and not doing the things you needed to do then I would say that it is probably affecting you negativly.

IDK if I made a whole lot of sence kinda lost myself a couple times, But I hope you got something out of it. Oh and to let you know I have been in the same relationship for 6 years now and going to be getting married soon. So I am somewhat trustworthy for advice.

Just like Steelson said. Moderation is key. That goes with everything in life..[/quote]

yea I getcha but it's like.. I dunno, would we like each other as much if we weren't always baked with each other? we're both fairly mature/responsible so neither of us have a hard time getting stuff done. it's just is our connection a little fraud since it is while we're intoxicated to some degree?

14. Only one way to find out. Hang out with him at some point completely sober like it has been probably suggested already. See where that takes you. Weed, or other drugs in general should be seen to accentuate moments, and not otherwise.

15. I have to say that weed/cannabis doesnt change you that much. I would agree if you were full blown alcohalics or something lols.

But with weed do you really feel that impared by it? I mean if you were to go to a party and smoke some would you do something that you regretted the next day?? (Just as a example)

Im sure you have to have more incommon you have been together for 4 years. Do you guys like the same music, Same kinda clothes, Same kinda Events/Hobbies/Sports/animals?? Lols those are just for examples.

But Im sure that isnt the only thing you have in common.

16. No, no, no. Marijuana increases the ability to freely and openly communicate. It doesn't suppress it like the OP is suggesting.

It's actually very easy to solve. OP obviously loves her boyfriend, but the simple placebo of smoking seems to add a materialistic edge to the relationship.

Weed should never be an object on the coffee table of life.

When it becomes a common blockage between the relationships that web throughout our lives, then obviously you should have some lessons in moderation and maximization.

17. [quote name='"WaGreenGuru"']
    I have to say that weed/cannabis doesnt change you that much. I would agree if you were full blown alcohalics or something lols.

But with weed do you really feel that impared by it? I mean if you were to go to a party and smoke some would you do something that you regretted the next day?? (Just as a example)

Im sure you have to have more incommon you have been together for 4 years. Do you guys like the same music, Same kinda clothes, Same kinda Events/Hobbies/Sports/animals?? Lols those are just for examples.

But Im sure that isnt the only thing you have in common.[/quote]

well of course, we have a ton in common. and weed doesn't impair us really, but I feel like it makes us (at least me) less irritable and more at ease. I'm probably freaking out for no reason. my friend that was worried isn't exactly okay with our smoking habits in the first place and is probably trying to freak me out :p

18. Well then see lols it is helping you! :hello: Also it doesnt sound from what you say that you have a unhealthy relationship at all! To me it sounds very healthy.

Does your friend smoke?? Or is she somebody that is against it jw?

19. [quote name='"WaGreenGuru"']
    Well then see lols it is helping you! :hello: Also it doesnt sound from what you say that you have a unhealthy relationship at all! To me it sounds very healthy.

Does your friend smoke?? Or is she somebody that is against it jw?[/quote]

she's kind of hypocritical about it cus she smokes from time to time but talks down about stoners and my boyfriend (he manages a headshop so marijuana plays a big role in his life) all the time. :confused:

yeah I like to think our relationship is healthy.. I just fear what may come when we're living together. I just don't want it to change or fall apart or be different :/

20. weed doesn't really change who you are, it just makes you a better "you". if you can enjoy his company baked you most likely can when you are sober. being high doesn't mean you guys won't notice or do things that may bother the other. there have been stoner couples for hundreds, maybe even thousand of years i doubt their weed smoking was the greatest issue/strain on their relationship. examine your guys relationship and if you truly see nothing wrong with it I think you'll be okay. usually, with things like this, it'll be painfully obvious there is an issue. i remember reading one thread where this girl's boyfriend started smoking weed and he started moving away from her relationship wise. if you don't really notice anything wrong i doubt there is. trust your instincts on this one.