Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking with a concussion?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Blovett4, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Thanks for making me feel better about being stoned during skateboarding concussions'

2. havent read any of this but sounds like a good way to completely lose ur memory lol

3. I too play rugby, lots of us in this thread for some reason, probably because we all got concussions, I have got 8 concussions in my life and smoked during 6 of them, it helped me feel less pain, and made the healing go faster, but be sure you are careful, because while the pain is sedated, you may do secondary damage without feeling it.

This all being said, to the guy who said he had 100 concussions, you'd be dead, either from brain damage, or c.t.e.

4. I have traumatic brain injury from getting blown up multiple times and I just started vaping 5 months ago. Before that I've been on different benzos, anti-depressants, and other meds for tbi. No other medication has helped me than cannabis. I will never truly have the thinking ability or concentration that I once had but honestly these are the benefits I've noticed so far (The only strain that I've tried so far that has helped is indica but everyone is different)

Creativity - no bullshit, it feels good to be able to go in to depth of thinking with out thinking about the bad stuff

Relaxation - its relaxed my anxiety. I did try a strain (cheese) that made my anxiety worse, but I've noticed that indica's help with my relaxation. It has reduced the number of migraines. I use to get migraines literally every day sometimes they would last for days. Now I get them a couple times a week. With concussions and tbi you get very agitated and can blow up easy, get emotional easy, etc. Its helped relax those symptoms. I don't vape during the day because it makes me tired.

Concentration - while sometimes I get really stoned where I like to relax and not think too hard, I do get to think more clearly. I've noticed that my concentration is better when I'm stoned. I still can't read a book (not that I can't read, its the concentrating and retaining what I read) but I can focus more clearly on short readings that appeal to me. My thoughts process faster which is awesome but odd.

I'm going to try Granny's advice on omega 3 also while using cannabis. I use to take Carlson's fish oil (lemon) with orange juice and literally noticed changes in 15 minutes. So I'm excited to try it. Best of luck and make sure you take care of head injuries. Most times mild tbi won't show up on scans and they can't tell the difference anyway because they never had a pre-image before the incident. Don't go get blazed. Start off small, make sure the strain isn't a creeper and pay attention to the changes. If you don't like the strain, try a different one.

This is just my opinion of my experience and I'm a newb to the cannabis world.

5. I got bottled when me and a girl got out of my car to go back into the party and woke up in the hospital with a bloody face, mouth, wicked bruise and a "possible" concussion. I ended up leaving at 7am and walking 30 minutes to my car, but the hospital didn't tell any family members or cops about the unmentionables or weed in my system so we're on good terms. Granny gave the go ahead so I'm baking

6. Old thread but from my own personal after suffering a concussion, everytime i tried smoking weed it would almost immediately give me an intense throbbing headache. The pain was so bad that i had to quit smoking for a month and im a habitual smoker, plus weed just seemed like the obvious choice for pain relief , especially for a head injury.

7. I had almost the same story. Though I had a simple concussion my doctor said that if I don't take painkillers then I can try achilles before sleep for a few days. And it helped me to relax I didn't feel any pain after it and recovered in 3 days.

8. @Cantsleep602
    OP is 8 years old.