Smoking with a cold

Discussion in 'General' started by JesusGreen, Nov 7, 2009.

1. #1 JesusGreen, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2009
    Alright so last night I had a spliff, then I had a little to drink and finished off what I'd reserved for the night in my pipe. I felt great, and it was a good night aside from the fact that I stayed home and didn't meet up with anyone, but anyway, I'll cut to the point. I went to sleep around 1AM, feeling great, but around 2 or 3 I woke up feeling a really high fever, with a horribly sore throat and the feeling like I just wanted to be asleep so I wouldn't experience it any more.

Woke up again this morning and I was still feeling bad, so I used one of those menthol throat lozenges and it's helped greatly, but I'm still feeling kinda crappy. See the thing is, since I started smoking I have never been ill, not once, and so even just a cold now feels damn awful.

Now at first I thought it was the flu since I've not had a cold that's felt this bad before, however I know that Cannabis suppresses the immune system a little, and this can help speed up recovery from the flu. My past experience with the flu has been a slower onset though, usually noticing the effects in the middle of a day rather than upon waking, so my guess is it's just a cold.

In the past whenever I've felt a little under the weather (though I've not ever felt truly ill since starting to smoke the good herb) I've had a toke and instantly felt better, but I'm wondering, what could possible complications be if I do decide to smoke?

2. This is a coincidence. I developed a really sore throat last evening and have been sneezing/congested as well. Had a headache too which I -never- get.

So I was wondering the same. I thought about it though and decided if I have the flu I should smoke. Headache, nausea and some other unpleasantries are involved but pot covers all the stuff I'm feeling.

I just took 3 or 4 hits and my headache dissolved and I'm feeling fine. Didn't help the throat any though.

Just keep warm and keep your fluid intake up. I doubt we have the flu. :p

3. I'm not too worried about the flu if I have it since I know that Cannabis can definitely help there. I'm more worried that it *is* just a cold I have, since from what I know Cannabis won't help much and may make things a little worse.

I'm picking up 2.8g of dank (that's what you get for £20 here) later though so I'll probably smoke either way.

The funniest part though is one of my friends, who I haven't seen in a while, got swine flu a couple of weeks ago and still has it. Last night they were in one of my dreams, and today I wake up feeling sick! I think I'mma have to call them up and blame them XD

4. Haha. Well I think you'll end up smoking too. And cold or flu either way you'll still be lifted and you can't feel -that- bad can you? :]

Now if it's a full on flu rampage it might be a differant story - I hope your friend isn't dealing with that. Funny that you dreamed it though! lol

5. I smoked and I feel a million times better. I guess I should never lose confidence in the good herb :)

6. i just smoked for the second time today. ate some lunch and slowly enjoyed a small bowl. my throat was burning at the start but once i was buzzed the hits were pretty smooth on the ole windpipe.

medical use indeed

7. I just mixed up two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar with 1 cup hot water and some honey. It's supposed to be good for purging the virus as well as clearing up chest and nasal congestion.

just wanted to say that it does infact work, i'm about a fifth done with it and already i'm breathing clearer.

8. I'd try that if I had some, sadly the the shops aren't open at the moment either. I also smoked for the second time earlier and while some of my symptoms are still here I'm not bothered by them, and I feel great. In fact I feel a lot more high than I usually do :)