Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking with a cold

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by iTokeat420, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Does anyone else smoke when they have a cold?

I have a pretty bad cold, and when I smoke, I can barley hold it in, and 1 time I puked.

Is this normal?

2. Smoking+being sick = being REALY sick.

Weed lowers your immune system, so dont touch it when you are under the weather.

3. Its just common sense man. Smoking anything will effect your body, especially so when you're sick.

4. Stop smoking until you feel better. You're just going to make it worse if you do. If you want to use it for medicinal use try vaping or, better even, eating it.

5. WTF dude? Why would you do that to yourself? It defeats the purpose of smoking.

6. When ever I have a cold and I smoke a blunt it cures all my cold symptoms. Stuffy nose, soar throat, headache, all gone!

7. same here i always smoke when im sick

complete alleviation... temporarily

8. I thought I was the only one. It seems like everything clears up for about 30-45mins.

9. i smoked when i had a cold last year and i had the cold for 4 weeks. and every time i would smoke my air ways would clear but i would cough like hell and i would be coughing in 10 minutes after the session.

10. Definetly don't smoke if you want to get rid of the cold quickly. Look at it as a little tolerance break.

11. Even when Im sick I hardly EVER cough while smoking, it just blows my whole high!!:mad:
    So I make it a point not to cough, and if I feel like I might, then put it out and finish later.

12. i do it...it helps me sleep. be best if you used a vaporizer though.

coughing will help you get rid of some phlegm.

13. smoking when your sick is awesome..i just get so high that i dont even realize im sick

14. IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER BUT IT PROLONGS YOUR SICKNESS!

Being high makes you feel not sick, but instead of a week the cold will last like a month

15. haha i have a pretty bad cough and cold right now can barley hold in my hits too let along take as big ones but i always say fuck it and smoke anyways. just smoke right through it :smoke:

16. i think using a vaporisor would feel pretty good actually since its vapor going into your throat. loosin mucus up while getting u high. just eat some vitamin C and D and your immune system will be fine. or take anti AIDS drugs while smoking.

17. Weed has gotten me through some very rough times. It might prolong the illness, but it makes being sick more bearable. Weed got me through multiple colds in the last year, as well as the painful week after getting my wisdom teeth removed (which I don't recommend unless you want to risk getting dry socket).

18. i just smoked a joint and my nose is stuffed the fuck up, doin some excercise and then enjoyin some neopolitan ice cream with some biscottis and some bush tea with like .5 of bud brewed in, just for my sore throat...

:yummy:

19. i like to french inhale when my nose is stuffed, it clears it up.