Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking with a blood clot in brain

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Astronaut, Sep 11, 2010.

1. my friend got hit by a car a month or so ago, thus has a blood clot in her brain, she said she wasn't supposed to do anything that could make it worse ie. drink alcohol, exercise ect.

do you think it is safe for her to smoke weed?

2. tell her to ask her doctor.

3. Lol your gonna trust a bunch of non medical people to tell you?

Badddd

4. i woudnt risk it till i asked a doc cause it does raise your heart beat similar to exercise. Getting high is deff not worth risking your life.

5. Why would you mess around with a blood clot, it could kill her! Don't take anybody's advice about this but her doctor.

And if she's worried about getting in trouble, doctor/patient confidentiality keeps it from being an issue. If for some reason her doc told anybody they'd lose their medical license, so they won't do that.

6. I wouldn't, think about it: Marijuana raises blood pressure (actually so does any other smoke) and I think that if you are unsure about this you shouldn't do it, I keep telling people that are going to great measures just to smoke (ie: fixing a joint with tape, smoking out of a joint rolled with regular paper :confused: smoking out of receipt paper etc.) that if you really need to smoke that bad then you need to quit for awhile and reconsider their position on the herb.. just remember, "Control the herb, don't let it control you."

Fuck, I have just been posting long as messages to simple stuff all day! Jeez!

7. Dont do it. The reason you get red eyes is because it increases blood pressure.
    They prescribe it for LBP.
    Dont let her smoke ANYTHING.

8. First off, as was said she should talk to a doctor, but from that little bit I would strongly advise she does not. Cannabis is a vasodialotor and can also have other effects on the cardiovascular system that might not be good for someone with a clot.

Seriously though, don't ask for medical advice from random stoners on the Internet. Have her ask a doctor, but I'd say it is very risky.