Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking while sick?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SkullUCG, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Hello GC. I think i might have come down with with a straing of the flu (Elevated body temperature, fatigue, feeling like ive got an extra 30 pounds tied to each foot). The thought of smoking a bowl to ease the pain crossed my mind but i dont want to smoke, then be feeling like shit AND being high to amplifly it. Has anyone roasted some chronic while ill who could shed some light?

2. I had Bronchitis and I smoked and got SUPER , DUPER high. My eyes felt like they were burning, and what do you know they were red as FUCK.

My eyes usualy only glazed red or something.

3. Yeah, but only when I'm not having a bad cough/sore throat/etc..

it's a bad idea to smoke then

4. I'm sick too and i rely on the pot to keep me going. I feel like i get super high and it feels nice. :D

5. i'm sick and i've been vaping the last 2 days. no complaints so far it def helps.

6. Does it slow the healing process though? Or i guess there wouldnt really be any way for any of us to know....

7. I don't know that it slows the healing process, but what doesn't fuck with our immune systems nowadays?

8. well, here is my opinion on this.

The last time i got sick was like 2 months before the swine flu out break in mexico, and I smoked while I was sick, But the strange thing is. I have never been so sick in my life I needed to go to the doctor, and i was sick for over 2 weeks, the doc said I had the flu.. But the flu wasnt going around.

But then that damn out break happened, and they were all the same symptoms I had, I usually don't get a high fever when Im sick, 100 max. But I was pushing 104 this last time.. 0_o

So.. wtf? lol

/end

I smoke when Im sick.

9. Dear, I'm not trying to be a dick, but what was your point? :p

And I'm pretty sure you're high right now!!!! You totally forgot to make your opinion. :D

10. he said he smokes when he's sick :D

it just took a while haha

11. THC does lower your immune system. The more you smoke, the longer it will take to get better, but you'll probably feel better while sick.

12. No joke i seriously have the same symptoms. Just sitting at home, I just blazed a nice big bong bowl and i feel amazing like im not even sick. Bu i did it one time when i had a cough and a sore throat. I will never do that again it was horrible. So yeah don't blaze with a cough or sore throat or stuffy nose.:smoking::smoking::wave::wave::hello::hello:

13. \
    Lol, its a bitch isnt it? even the task of making some cereal seems like a trial on your very mind and soul.

14. Being high does put down your defenses slightly, so yes you would stunt your healing for a little.
    As well as make yourself vulnerable each time you smoke.

15. To be honest, it's not the greatest idea. If you vape, go for it, but I got sick last week and gave myself a full day of rest before I smoked again (still smoked the next day while sick)...

I smoked after my symptoms kinda stabilized, so even though the bud didn't help it didn't do harm. Just don't smoke out other people, you don't wanna be a dick and get them sick.

16. have a cold right now but hey im sparkin up a joint :] and bong hits later

17. Haha.. I atleast made an effort :p lol. You got some people who post "this thread is dumb". or some bs and was a pointless post, BUT You see mine you don't realize it's pointless untill you read it.. hehe :p

:smoking:

Actually I was very blazed, I added more on to my Bong, went from 6ft to 8ft3

18. Im pretty sick.. Hard cough, sore throat, slow time, migraine, stomach cramps/vomitting, slight fever probably will get worse, sneezing constantly, and very runny nose.. Smoking helps a lil bit, but I cant hold in a hit, cause when i try to blow out my throat goes apeshit. *super weezying last breath cough*... Well yea, smoking helps a bit, but fuck being sick suckkkzzzz:devious:

19. I have bronchitis and I took one hit of the dankest shit I've ever had, and I coughed like a bitch for 10 minutes straight.

I read somewhere that it actually cures bronchitis so I went to the doctor and he said I have an upper respiratory infection as well.

So I guess it depends on what you have, but I wouldn't suggest it for a case like mine haha.

20. suppresses your immune system not lower or weaken it.
    someone probably pointed that out already.