Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking while sick

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by daddypurp508, May 23, 2009.

1. guys ive been sick the past couple of days just real bad allergies, still have a bad cough and feel a bit light headed like i have a sinus infection, but its been a few days and i feel about 75% back to normal, i just wanna blaze bad!

from experience do you guys think it will make me sicker, i smoke cigs as well and i havent had one in 3 days! so im really holding back on stuff trying to get better but i just need to blow smoke through my lungs again!

2. Go for it, dude. I've done it, it feels great. Just make sure you don't blow your nose too hard while you're blazed.

3. dont use a pipe or blunt with harsh smoke, use a bong or a vapo, a bong with ice, to make the smoke easier on your lungs if you need to smoke, i always smoke when im sick and i wind up coughing up my lung unless im using a bong.

4. i actually got the balls to try the "college" style firecracker, just ground up .4 of heads and through some keef on, nuked it a few times in the microwave and now its sitting in the freezer for a bit ill let you guys know what happens.

5. dude you are going to have massive amounts of flem if you smoke while sick!

6. Weed'll make ya feel better. Sholda blazed when you first started
    gettin sick!

7. smoke away, the smoke will give the lung mung something to stick to and you can cough it up, yeah ya gonna hack, but it will help clear your lungs.

8. I continue my daily smoking habits as normal when my bronchitis flares up.

It never slows down my recovery.

If anything, it goes away a little quicker because smoking inhibits phlegm expulsion.

9. dude, you want the phlegm to get out. that's why you're supposed to use cough expectorants to make it easier to cough that shit out.

if it stays in your lungs it will probably lead to further infection or even pneumonia.

i've heard THC is an expectorant so you'd probably be all good with a vape, but anything else, probably not. inhaling the crude combustion products of burning material is in no way beneficial to your lungs when they're trying to fight infection. at least with a vape you avoid all the carcinogenic shit that's most irritating.