Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking While Sick?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by stormc1234, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Is it bad to smoke when your sick? Yesterday i had a couple of bowls and felt like i was going to pass out..

2. Well, it's not really good for your throat, but if you can manage and have tea and throat lozenges at hand, it's not too bad!

I relieves the aches and pains that come with being sick, as well. :smoke:

3. well i just puked lighten a bowl i quit

4. i do not enjoy smoking while i'm sick

i had a cold and i smoked, and then i was sick for a week and a half with the worse sore throat ever

5. I depends on what kind of sickness you have. If i had like that kind of body ache flu i would toke up for sure, but if i had a soar throat i would prob hold off unless i felt the urge to toke up... heh:D

6. Lol, sounds like it's not gonna work for you.

You could try edibles? Or just cold medicine, lol. :x

7. When I'm sick I usually just make brownies or firecrackers... I imagine vaping would be alright too...

8. It has commonly believed that cannabis lowers your immune system.

9. i disagree
    im a longtime smoker and i never get sick. I doubt it improves the immune system but it certainly hasnt affected mine

10. I had whooping cough (go's along great with smoker's lung), and I smoked with my friends, then another of my friends got sick, then another. I think smoking while sick is fine, just don't share with anyone. If you're toking with others, just load a personal bowl after they're done.

11. #11 cryptix420, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009

That may very well be, but in a time of increased stress on your immune system such as being sick...you see the problem.

I have no idea whether it's true or not, just throwing it out there for him.

12. Every time I'm feeling under the weather and I smoke I always seem to get stupid high off of not a lot.. and seeing this..

I'm starting to wonder if your tolerance has to do with your immune system? I'm sure there is a really awesome scientific way to put it.. but uhh yeah.. :confused:

13. The past 2 weeks I have been sick and I have smoked. Smoking anything is bad for your sinuses and will usually clog you up, so I'm told by my Doctor.

I just found it really helpful at night before I went to bed. It made me kind of forget about my runny nose and sniffles and helped me get to sleep. It definitely alleviates your awareness of being sick, heh.

14. mscbuck is correct, it will more than likely get you more congested. Obviously depending on what kind of sickness you have. I was sick a couple weeks back with a cold but I couldnt stomach any food, so I just toked up my appetite. Helped me get better quickly.

15. i acctually like tokin when im sick.. it makes me just feel better and forget about it. :p

i REALLY like tokin when i have a hangover.. its the ultimate cure for that. lol

16. ive got a cold right now... and i smoke cigarettes as well... i would say if ya need to smoke, use a bowl or bong... something that just produces straight weed smoke with no other crap (ie burnt paper from joints or tobacco smoke and other chemicals from blunt wraps/ cigar wraps and leaf) or you could make brownies/cookies/ firecrackers, etc... or ya could just drink... that always works too.

17. If I have just a cold, I usually still smoke, even tho it probably isnt the best while your sick. But if you are the kind of sick where you are puking and shit, you should not smoke, at least i wouldnt.

18. Also remember, you could just be avoiding contact with various sicknesses.
    Meaning, there has to be sick people around to make you sick, generaly.

But hell man, maybe that's not it.
    You could just have a naturally better immune system than most.
    Most of the population has a lower immunity to bacteria and viruses than they'd like to think.

:smoking:

19. i smoke when i have the flu or cold but if i have a sore throat...... Fuck that.....dont ever smoke with a sore throat or any respiratory ailment it just makes it worse.....I might eat it if i was sick with a lung related illness though.

20. When im sick i smoke weed takes the symptoms away while your stoned.
    altho i wouldnt smoke if you have throat infections or bad chest coughs can make it hard to smoke.