Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking while sick?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TOXXlC, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Hey guys, I'm coming off a 2-3 day cold virus/flu and wanted to know your guys' experience with smoking whilst sick. Does it make you feel worse or better? Should I wait until I'm 100% again?

2. I find that while I'm sick smoking does help take my mind of feeling sick and such tho if I have a sore throat I won't smoke makes it last way longer, also you may find that your just not feeling high, I found the last time I got sick maybe 4 weeks ago I tried to smoke and ended up smoking a gram in a couple of minutes and felt sore asf

3. When I sick, I cut down dramatically, since it make smell cough more and gives me more phlegm.
    I take the opportunity to take a few days tolerance break.
    Last time I tried making tea from was shatter, seemed to have worked.

4. I used to think that being high while sick would take my mind off the sickness but as of the last year, I've only been sick once and I regretted smoking cuz it felt like a waste.

I had the sniffles all day a few days ago, nothing serious but I had 3 fat bong tokes I just felt like a 4 or 5

5. But now I just take a t break if I'm sick

6. Well currently I'm sick. Don't know with what but I'm coughing allot. And I've smoked atleast 2 bowls in a hour and haven't got any feeling from it. It's good smoke and I usually get stoned but I don't know. Must be different for everyone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I personally smoked more when I got sick (flu and bronchitis or one or the other I don't remember) because it helped me take out all he mucus (idk but I've been always told that spitting out mucus is best choice). smoking allowed me to cough really hard and got my sinus and lungs clean(?) (maybe clearer? lol). if you have a sore throat probably not recommended but idk man
    weed helped me get through bad sickness and when you get fucked up high from all that coughing it really helps you relax but that's just me

8. Depends of what kind of sick I am. I get bronchitis usually during winter time. I rarely get the flu, but even when I 'm sick I continue smoking. Tolerance goes way down when I'm sick so two hits and I'm laid back down resting. That's about all the smoking I can take. I have yet to try edibles when sick, but I imagine that would make it much more tolerable. Try a firecracker next time you start to feel sick. Let me know if it works for you. Bed rest, water, a few tokes, I'll be fine. I don't think doctors would approve but I don't go to the doctor anyway. Doctors always want to give me drugs.

9. If I'm puking, I smoke. If I've got a sore throat, I don't. It does help a LOT with vomiting though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Seems strange to people but I have a stomach condition that cannabis provides relief for. Two tokes. I can relax, and rest. When my stomach gets upset it's the only thing I've found that will either make it or break it. Either I hit it, and get sleepy and get much needed rest, or I immediately react to it by puking. Either way I feel better afterwards. Glad to know I'm not the only one. I've always wondered which strains are good for that specifically.