Smoking while pregnant?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rediah1, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Hey blades, so I was supposed to chill with this chick today and I found out she was pregnant. She mentioned how she was feeling sick. So I proposed that we spark up. The weed could have probably helped her with the nausea and such, and we could have just chilled and had a good time. Problem is she said she tried it before a long time ago and she doesn't know anything about the medicinal aspects of weed and just in general how its not bad (people are brainwashed by the negative propaganda and such). Anyways she mentioned how she didn't want to because it was going to effect her baby. I thought it was ridiculous, because smoking one time, and probably .3 at the most for her wouldn't have any effect. I mean I understand smoking anything probably isn't that great during pregnancy, but she was especially turned off at the thought of weed effecting her baby. So I did some research and found most people saying a little bit of both.

Whats your take on smoking weed during pregnancy? Or just weed during pregnancy in general? Is it good or bad?

2. It was her choice to not smoking even if it was only .3 and one time, but the fact is that marijuana does effect the brain. Inhaling smoke and combusted material is never good for health, especially during pregnancy. I have read articles where people have said that they have smoke marijuana during their pregnancies and their children come out fine, but I am totally sure that i would be comfortable with pregnant mother smoking. When marijuana is smoked, THC is not the only thing absorbed into the blood stream. Whether or not you like it, it is a fact that there are other chemicals in marijuana, and even if it were to vaporized THC is what acts on the brain and provides the high. During pregnancy the baby is in a crucial stage of development, everything the child needs to survive is shared with the mother including chemicals and compounds absorbed into the mother's blood. Anyway my feeling is that i would not be comfortable with my girl smoking and her being pregnant. I feel that introducing these chemicals can be harmful to the development.

3. Don't get me wrong, I was in no way peer pressuring her to smoke weed or anything lol. I merely brought it up out of curiosity to see if she wanted to spark it and once I sensed she was even the least bit uncomfortable from wanting to do that I backed off.

Because yea, like you said there's numerous cases of it being completely safe, so its a risk that the person should either want to take or not take.

4. +rep for moms

5. It's her choice. I probably wouldn't if I was pregnant. it's just that I want to assure that my child is going to be 100% healthy, although I have smoked with pregnant girls and I know older women who smoked with there children and they turned out fine. I just don't think I'd do it, and if I did, it wouldn't be often. Like a poster said above, I wouldn't want chemicals to be harmful to the development.

6. Smoking weed during pregnancy is a huge no-no. It can affect the development of the baby's nervous system. I don't know anything specifically, but it's common sense not to do any drugs whatsoever when you're pregnant. Because everything that gets put into the pregnant woman's body is going to also affect the baby. It's basically like letting a child smoke.... would you? Hopefully not. Only in this case, the child isn't even fully developed yet. So no.. not a good idea.

7. Two of my cousins smoked during their entire pregnancies. One of them is actually a nurse. It really doesn't hurt the baby, well I haven't heard any cases where it did at least. Both of my cousins kids turned out fine and are very smart kids.

I took like 2-3 hits during my first trimester. I felt really bad about it after though and I never smoked again until my kid was over a year old. I don't judge women who do, but if I were to have another child I wouldn't do it at all. id rather women smoke weed then smoke cigarettes if they're going to smoke anything though. My mom smoked cigarettes during her entire pregnancy with me, fucking half a pack a day man. I blame her for my height.

8. why not eat or drink the weed? to me it seems a lot safer if you make canabutter and make some brownies or get a canasoda from your local dispensary? i would rather my girl take it orally than smoke it

9. it can't be good it's still smoke

10. Why take the chance no good can come of it

11. And i want to add if you can't stop smoking for 8 months not counting the first because she might not know you should evaluate if you should be smoking at all

12. I wouldn't do it. There haven't been studies on it really, so I just wouldn't risk it. Plus it doesn't matter what you're smoking, I don't think its a good idea to smoke during pregnancy. Just doesn't seem right.