Smoking While Pregnant?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by meds111, Jun 25, 2012.

1. First of all, no I'm not currently knocked up. I'm just curious. I've read some articles that say regularly smoking pot during pregnancy can cause a baby to have problems focusing and having short term memories.. seems to me that would just make it seem like they were high constantly lol. Anyways! But I've also read that its fine, the only thing would be that a fetus needs oxygen and sometimes smoking can cause it not to get enough.
    What's your take on it? Think it would cause any harm to the baby?

2. Smoking is never good.

But I don't know anyone who can say for sure what the negatives and positives are.

3. It ain't causing me no harm.. lol

4. Yep smoking is bad either way , but I have heard of mothers using edibles & vaping during pregnancy . Maybe granny will post up some articles

5. I wouldn't wanna be in a hot boxed womb.

6. yes, the smoke itself is harmful. From what i remember reading, there is really nothing on edibles. They haven't said if it's bad or good. But honestly, can't you just wait 9 months? If you're gonna carry a baby for 9 months and you want him to be healthy right? Don't raise his chances for having issues. Sure you might have a great pregnancy and no problems. But why chance it?

7. I know the smoke itself isn't healthy, but what harm is smoking the herb causing my body?

8. [quote name='"meds111"']I know the smoke itself isn't healthy, but what harm is smoking the herb causing my body?[/quote]

Smoke

9. And I wouldn't chance it. If I found out I was pregnant I wouldn't smoke anymore.

10. [quote name='"HSO Bandages"']

Smoke[/quote]

Other than that. I already know its fucking with my lungs. Oh well. It won't kill me like a cig.

11. an older friend of mine has really big hippie parents. like, they were at woodstock and everything. her mom smoked weed every day that she was pregnant and my friend seems fine lol. she's a big stoner too but other than that she had no problems with her birth or learning etc. is it the same for everyone? no, probably not. i can't imagine that smoking while your pregnant is a good idea anyway. i can't have respect for people who smoke with their child in the car, i'm sure as hell not going to if the child is inside you lol.

12. [quote name='"meds111"']

Other than that. I already know its fucking with my lungs. Oh well. It won't kill me like a cig.[/quote]

True ... Wheres granny at

13. [quote name='"tihanachu"']an older friend of mine has really big hippie parents. like, they were at woodstock and everything. her mom smoked weed every day that she was pregnant and my friend seems fine lol. she's a big stoner too but other than that she had no problems with her birth or learning etc. is it the same for everyone? no, probably not. i can't imagine that smoking while your pregnant is a good idea anyway. i can't have respect for people who smoke with their child in the car, i'm sure as hell not going to if the child is inside you lol.[/quote]

Lol I hate being surrounded by smoke. The smells normally makes me sick, I wouldn't smoke around my kids I'm not stupid.

14. Thanks! Time to catch up on my reading xD

15. Please do a title search on the term "pregnant"or "pregnancy" you'll find TONS of threads on the topic and they don't usually end very well..

16. [quote name='"WildWill"']Please do a title search on the term "pregnant"or "pregnancy" you'll find TONS of threads on the topic and they don't usually end very well..[/quote]

Hmm didn't know I could do that!

17. The child is developing.. and growing based on what you do, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind a chill baby, wouldn't cry much lol.