Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed with a cotton filter?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WeedFnatic, Apr 18, 2012.

1. I've heard all these stories about how a cotton filter filters out THC. I've heard that it filters out a little, but not a lot at all and I've heard it filters out a lot.

Not to be a douchebag, but I'd say I'm the most experienced smoker out of the people I smoke with so I don't really trust what they're saying all of the time because in the back of my mind I want to call out bullshit. But you guys, well many of you, are far more experienced than myself.

Anyway, does a cotton filter filter out any THC? If so, how much? The reason I'm asking is because it would be better to just buy a pack of extra slim cotton filters instead of making filters all the time. And I bet you all have ran out of filters on your filter blocks and tried to find some paper that works, but it can be hard to find something that works well. It's usually either too stiff or too soft. So what do you guys think?

2. Anyone? -.-

3. Just go wild and try it out. Never tried it, always taken other people's word for it.

4. It probably filters out some, but occasionally I use a cotton filter and I still get high.

5. May filter a little, I didn't notice

6. one blunt wrap can give you like 5 filters how do you run out

7. i have never used any filters before i just twist the end of the joint a bit there is no real point i see to using them if its just weed your going to inhale the paper fumes either way so why bother?

8. Edit: nevermind

9. I used a paper towel to cover the bong opening where you inhale. It filtered out all this brown tar. I certainly would hate to see my lungs lined with tar.

Does anyone know if there are commercial filters for bongs or pipes to minimize tar and other carcinogens?

10. I use cotton filters and didnt notice a big difference. It makes the weed have a different taste than if you just smoke regularly, but i still felt high.

11. Check out carbon filters. These filter a ton of crap and keep your glass looking minty.

12. Might wanna look into a McFinn's pipe, they got carbon filtration on the downstem and cotton on the neck.

13. Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to order a McFinn pipe. Looks good. Have you been using it for long?

In the meantime does paper towel on the end of the bong seem sensible as a home solution? I'm using good quality paper towels so hopefully wont inhale paper fibers

14. I live in Toronto Canada. No shop sells them here,nThe only place i can get a McFinn online seems to be at acqualabtechnologies.com
    The cost for McFinn's Compact Honeycomb triple filter bub is $250! Has anyone tried it?

15. I've never tried the bubbler but I have a couple McFinn's carbon catchers. If the bubblers are like them, then I would highly recommend. They seem to put more thought into their designs than other companies. Sure, you pay for it- but it's money well spent, in my opinion.

I wouldn't bother with the paper towels. I'd go without in the meantime, personally.

16. Go carbon filtration or good ole cardboard fold. Cotton is too fibrous.

17. I've used cotton/fiber filters before when I used my cigarette rolling machine to roll up some J's.  I most definitely noticed a difference in how much it would take to get me high.  I would advice against using cotton filters as you'll need to smoke more, from what I've noticed. 
    I prefer just a carboard roll (crutch) or just tobacco at the end, or just some more green.