Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed to sleep?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ZnOT, May 29, 2017.

1. So, here's the thing, I've been 2 years or more like this, and I can't stand it anymore, it's so annoying and frustrating, every night is a nightmare.

I can't fall asleep at night, in fact, I've been trying to sleep since 23:00 today, and now it's almost 5:00 here at Spain, yeah, that's 6h trying to fall asleep.

Usually it takes 1-2 (maybe 3) hours to fall asleep (today it's been even harder though, happens sometimes).

I am thinking about smoking weed to fall asleep but I don't know what to do.

I live with my parents and here at Spain weed is illegal, and they probably think is a very hard and bad drug that gets you addicted.

Also, I've had heart surgery a couple times so, they would be like: "You take medication you can't drug yourself" (though, marijuana doesn't really interfere with my medications).

I live in a flat so smoking without them noticing at night (when they're at home) isn't probably a possibility.

I know your parents home their rules, I accept that really, but this thing annoys me so much. Again, it's not for the high, is to sleep, I would smoke and when I felt the high I would go to bed to sleep, just that. So, it's not an excuse for being high at home.

And about pills, I've taken lots of medication in my life, I really don't wanna drug myself with more chemicals, taking pills is no good.

PS: I say smoke weed, but it could be eaten really, whatever works so I can sleep.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

2. You pretty much answered your own question in your post. You can't smoke it so your only other option is to vape or eat edibles. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for your answer but... how am I supposed to do that?

I can smoke though, I've done it, but if it's something I am going to do regularly, then yeah definately I would try to not smoke and take it vaping or eating.

About eating two major problems:

- I don't know how to cook that without the house smelling a lot (it's a flat, not a big house), and how to make a edible that isn't very potent as I don't want it to raise my heartbeat a lot or get me very high (again, is for sleeping).

- Edibles effects last a lot, and I wonder if the augmented heart rate would also last that much as it isn't very good for me to stay with a high heart rate that much time.

About vaping also 2 problems:

- I have to buy the vaporizer which isn't going to be cheap (how am I supposed to spend that money without my parents noticing it?)

- I have to save it somewhere

And, I don't know how much does it smell vaping.

Even if I could do one of those, I still have 1 problem: I would be high and I would be pretty nervous about they talking with me or something and noticing I'm high. But well, I would just try to get to my bed as soon as the effects started.

4. Going in order of your bullet points:
    - There are a thousand recipes online, check out firecrackers.
    - They really don't affect your heart-rate that much.
    - How young are you that your parents are still monitoring you're bank account? P.S. You can get a decent vaporizer for $60.
    - You also have to store the weed somewhere so you should have already thought this part out before posting.
    As for the comment about you being nervous about being high, why did you come to a forum asking a bunch of stoners how to get high if you're not even sure that's what you want to do in the first place.
    Overall, sounds to me like you're not all that experienced with this sort of thing. You're going to be taking a risk no matter where or how you consume weed, so you need to get over the "it's illegal and my parents don't like it" bullshit before you move any further. Peace.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alright alright, here's the deal:

Here in Spain is not that common for us teenagers to have bank accounts.

I do have a bank account though, but it doesn't have money on it (well, I think it has 50€ because that's what I needed in order to open it).

About firecrackers, yeah, I've seen recipes but I don't know if that is a good amount for someone that doesn't smoke usually and does it occasionally.

About weed being illegal, I've smoked, I know how being high is, and it being illegal is not a problem for me, it's a problem for telling my parents as all that illegal propaganda really does work and they probably think weed is a hard drug and all that stuff. And, when I'm high I just feel I can't talk with people or else they will notice (it's the paranoia I know).

But it really isn't the "it's illegal" or "my parents will think is bad" I would tell them if I didn't had that heart surgery, but that is the real problem as they would think I'm going to kill myself and that I'm drugging myself like I was taking cocaine or something like that. About it being illegal, I've smoked at parks and all that, so really I know it's risky but it isn't that the problem.

And about storing the weed, well, I have some ideas, and yeah, I could also store the vaporizer.

Still, here at Spain spending 60€ for a teenager is a lot. I know there at the us it isn't that strange but it is here.

Thanks for your reply again.

Oh, and I want to know what vaporizer could I buy that isn't very expensive and if it would smell a lot or just a big.

Thanks!

6. Vaporizers typically have little to no smell as they don't actually burnt the cannabis just vaporize the thc. As for the other stuff I suggest just keeping it on the down-low until you feel that your parents are more comfortable with the idea. P.S. Just adjust the amount of weed you put in the firecrackers if you find they are a bit too strong, they really are the easiest way to make edibles.

7. #7 Toker McTokington, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    I had heart surgery 4 years ago. I also suffer from insomia and sleep apnea. I have been prescribed every drug you can think of from doctors. The best medicine I have found is an indica strain like Northern Lights or Grand Daddy Purple. I vape my flower or make bubble hash. The problem you are going to run into is since it's illegal you will not have any idea of what strain you get. If you smoke it's going to have a smell.

Sweet Cheese and Durban Poison Grow

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Alright, yeah I have to wait or something, I think Spain is a country that will probably legalise weed, as Canada is legalising it and it's already legal in Holland, Uruguay and some states at the US, I think we will also do it.

The government won't help though, 1 or 2 years ago they released a law that doubled the fine or possession of weed, it was 300€ or more, now it's from 600€ to 2000€.
    And that isn't by far all the law does, for example you can't talk bad of the government at internet directly (some people has been jailed or had court just for 1 or 2 tweets joking about police or politicians). It just sucks.

I hope they legalise it and start telling people what marijuana really is and what it really does, and they don't tell them it's a hard drug that will get you addicted.

I would love to see that with all the drugs, just real information about them, not propaganda to drink alcohol but not smoke weed.

Anyways, thanks for the info I'm going to consider the vaporizer, if I want it to be able to vaporize weed it has to be a specific type right? Because I've seen BHO vaporizers that are very cheap but I think I heard they're for oil or hash or something like that.

And about firecrackers, still I have the issue about the smell, but I could try oven bags.

9. I know that, I would love to grow my own cannabis, I heard indica could be good for us heart patients as it doesn't speed up the heart as much as sativa does.

I will try to find some indica at the street but dealers usually don't know what they got.

About growing, same problem, it's my parents house. And I also have a 11 years old sister so...

10. For your situation, I would also recommend a vape and possibly a smoke buddy jr. which you can use to exhale in. Smell will be non-existent even when smoking in your flat. A solid but inexpensive vape will cost you between $50-$70 and the Smoke Buddy Jr will cost you around $10 which is not that bad when you consider what an 8th or a qtr of weed probably cost you in Spain. Also, as an added bonus, you can use the AVB (Already Been Vaped) weed for an ingredient when making edibles at home. These types of edibles tend to have a greater sedative and couch like effect which should help you sleep.

Having dealers who dont know what the hell they have sucks big time. You definitely need a indica dominate strain.

11. Well, I need to search for the smoke buddy because if it isn't sold here in Spain it will cost me more due to the shipping cost.

Weed here isn't very expensive, it's 5€ a gram or so.

And yeah, the only dealer that knew which type of weed he had (not strain) was a friend's dealer, but what he had was a pretty strong sativa, not indica.

I'm going to contact another guy to buy him a gram to try it with a friend as they told me he sells good quality weed, so I'll ask him if he knows the strain and if he has any indica. I don't think he will know though.

Thanks again!

12. #12 Toker McTokington, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017