Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed to quit cigarettes.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Shipwreck, Oct 22, 2010.

1. I was at work yesterday and I realized that cigarettes are getting too expensive for me ESPECIALLY alongside weed so what I thought of is every time I needed to smoke a cigarette, I would smoke a hit/bowl of weed.

Has anybody else had success like this?

2. first take your cig outta your sig LOL i just got your sig now acutally haha it's very classy lol. but really if you wanna stop JUST DO IT. i'mma be with you after i finish this pack. we can do it man that sounds like a good idea and it could work or you could just be stoned all day :smoking:

3. I did the math it's very simple.

What do you like more? Weed or cigarettes?

I go through a pack a day so that's at least $35 a week.
    With that price per week I can pick up at least an 1/8th at the club with a dime sack left over.
    :cool:

4. weed of course man! most i'd buy in a week in 2 packs. but it still adds up ya know. fuck i'mma go have one now -_-

5. Same kinda situation here bro, its WAY too expensive now!!! I can go the whole day not smoking but when I get home and kick back I just want to smoke something....ANYTHING!!! lol

6. yeah i did this... and im ciggarettles going on about a month now :)

7. I've never been a tobacco smoker, but seeing the way it gets its hooks into people, herb has to be gentler.

8. Cigarettes are supposedly 2nd hardest addiction to completey quit, following only heroin. Im not saying it cant be done... But if you can quit cigs with just weed, then more power to you. Good luck.

9. I don't even see why i smoke cigs, i mean, they don't do anything for you once your addicted, like at first it relieved stress, now it just brings me back to normal when i need one, It fucking sucks....

10. Status update:
    After three days I haven't had a single cigarette even when my coworkers teased me, offered cigarettes for me to take, and even when I was by myself.

The cravings are gone.

My left kidney is hurting, possibly from the lack of me smoking.

I feel accomplished.

11. i did it.. but now ill get pissed if i dont have weed.

12. Cigarettes don't appeal to me really at all. It's a nice buzz but it's gone in a few minutes. And if I overdue it I just feel sick. Weed is definitely so much better, and doesn't come with all the fucked up gross chemicals that are in cigs.

13. I smoked for 15 years, 2 packs a day. I quit 6 years ago last august.

I heard of people using weed to quit smoking, but there are better easier ways.

I used Wellbutrin, it is an anti depressant, repackaged as Zyban, but I used the generic, 150MG in morning and 1 at night, under 14 days I was done.

No cravings, no going crazy, getting all pissy. The first day that I had none, I was still at work out back with the guys that I smoked with, and had no desire to smoke.

It was a pleasure quitting.

Some friends only got 150mg once a day and it helped, but not as much as trwice a day, they failed.

Zyban, once a day is not as good as wellbutrin twice a day, stay away from the Wellbutrin XL as well, not as good as 2 pills a day.

If youy are serious about quitting, then talk to your doctor.

The food tastes better, you can breathe better, not as jumpy, better sleep, fingers aren't brown, teeth stay white, breath smells better, I am so happy I quit.

I just satarted smoking weed again this year, I may have smoked an OZ in the last 10 years total, so I didn't use weed as a crutch.

With Wellbutrin, you may find that after a few days you are smoking more, this is normal, your body is not getting the full effect of smoking, after a while of smoking more, you will just get the urge to smoke less because you feel that it is just nasty.

I actually had such a desire to no smoke, on the 11th or 12th day I went out to get the patch, because I just did not want to smoke, the patch kept me from getting the shakes from withdraw.

I wore the patch for 2 or 3 days, when it fell off, I was done.

good luck on anyone who quits!

14. You guys gotta get the E-Cig. It's seriously going to be worth your while :bongin:

15. Snuff makes me feel like I'm getting the entire experience with the cannanabanoids and the alkalaseltzers and stuff, since it's the tobacco's full dna structure, unlike the freebased nicotine in an Electronical Cigarette.

Snuff makes me feel like I'm doing a Serious Drug, Which I am.  A tiny bump is like hot boxing an entire cigarette all at once, it's intense. 

The weed fulfills the need to blow smoke out of my lungs, and add a bump of snuff, and think aboout how cigarettes are very bad for your lungs.  You're still addicted to nicotine, but everytime you do it, you really feel like a coke-head, using little straws or a spoon on a mirror.  Treat it like heroin, and put little tiny amounts in capsules to daily allot yourself descending dosages.  

So I've separated my cravings, one is blowing thick, creamy smoke, and the other is feeding the nicotine demon.  Now, that they're split up, I feed them separately, and the bumps of snuff are very few.  

Check this out, $5 of snuff, as a way to do your nicotine, equals like $200 worth of cigarettes, and snuff doesn't have fire safe bands of burning neoprene plastic fumes.  It's a huge money saver to just switch from lungs to nostrils, I'm serious. 

No more dirty ashtrays, you get used to 'not smoking' which will be your new way of life, as you deal with this nicotine addiction separately, on it's own, as a coke-head. 

16. Just say no

17. E cigYou know that it would be untrue, you know that I would be a liar, if I was to say to you, girl we couldn't get much higher

C'mon baby light my pubes.  I'm having some issues, because I'm getting too stoned smoking weed whenever I want a cigarette.  It's too much weed.  I'm going through it too quickly.

My lungs are hit though.  They don't want anymore smoke.  Cigarette smoke makes me feel nauseous now, and snuff stays in my nostrils until I flush it out, so it's like a steady feed of nicotine, perhaps.