Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed to help depression?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by darkr166, Oct 12, 2013.

1. #1 darkr166, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013
    Ok let me begin by saying that I know weed can be used as a anti-depressant but I was wondering in my case if it would help or just make more more dependent on weed to be happy.

Im a nightly toker, a 1/2 ounce can maybe last me a month and I only smoke at night after school/work to help me go to bed more relaxed and calm (I sometimes take adderall). Its to the point where I feel like I need weed every night and reliant on it to be able to sleep and relax.

Well ive been having rough couple of months, and things took the worst out of me starting last friday. I dont want to get into too much detail by my g/f whos been living with me for almost a year moved back to her apartment after we agreed that she would move home and then come to my place once or twice a week. We never took a "break" or broke up....long story short, during the course of the week she started treating me differently and not as that boyfriend im use to and found out thorugh a friend that shes was at the movies late at night with a guy I wasnt comfortable her talking to. 

Thus causing to lose my cool and one thing led to another, to where we are done. Any other day, i would just smoke this crappy feeling off but since Thursday, i have not lit one bowl of my new ounce of bud. I already kinda feel like a underachieving stoner and am afraid that if i start smoking my depression away that Id be MORE reliant on it and start using it even more then ever.

Im already going to see a therapist this upcoming week but I want to know if anyone similar to my situation has any advice if Its safe to smoke now or wait til I can handle my emotions without bud.

2. try meeting new people high af on some sweet sative, indiica and sitting around is the worst thing u can do given your situation. just my 2 centts tho :)

3. lol new batch is 100% indica. Yeah ill eventually try to meet new people, just sucks I gotta start from scratch 

4. You need to do something, get a hobby or something.  Start working out, take an online class and learn something.  You'd be surprised how much better you will feel about yourself.

5. I feel that weed like any drug is a mood exemplifier, but it works both ways. If you're feeling shitty, distant, nervous, whatever, you probably aren't going to have the best time. Something good to do is take a breath and realise that dwelling in depressing thoughts isn't beneficial to anybody, nor does it help the problem. But I suggest you get in a good mind state, or one you feel comfortable in sober, before you light up again. That'd be what I'd do anyway bro.

6. Smoking weed helps with depression but it can also put you into deep thoughts and sittin around thinking about your problems only make things feel worse.The best thing to do is have sum fun and stay busy.if u wanna get over a old flame have a one night stand that would make you feel great.use a condom lol

7. Thanks, yeah I have smoked in the past when I was sad and it would help at first but when the high diminishes it gets worst.

Already go to school and workout regularly... just need to find a new hobby and make new friends. But no doubt about it, the hardest part is going to bed.

8. Good luck dude! I've been in a slump lately too. Jut take a break from weed. Go for a nice walk. It'll help. Trust me (-:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I think you mean amplifier bro. :p

Anyways, OP sounds to me like you aren't clinically depressed. So if weed helps you stay happy through your hard time, go for it. Do what makes you happy.