Smoking weed made me well..... kinda wierd?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Spinoboy, Jan 20, 2013.

1. So, here's the best way for me to explain it: I just feel like nothing really phases me anymore, there is no meaning in things that used to hold great meaning to me, nothing has any emotional significance. I don't know if this is related to that at all (I imagine it is), since nothing is emotionally significant at all, I can't really see the meaning of things, like if I'm feeling happy, I have to tell myself that I'm feeling happy, it's like I'm totally unaware of how I'm feeling. Life just seems sort of dull now despite not having smoked for the past year. I'm not trying to bitch but I just wanna know if this is common and how I can make it better. I just want things to have meaning again. I feel like it's kind of robbed me of my emotions.
    Like recently I have gotten heart palpitations and it holds no significance, it's like I have to tell myself that heart palpitations are scary, otherwise it just doesn't register. I have no more sense of wrong and right, good or bad, I now have to talk to myself in my head and tell myself that something is wrong. Not joking.

Also, I know that people say that weed only triggers mental illness in people who are already prone to it, but hear me out: I have always considered myself far from insane, I mean I had people who I would consider to be insane constantly accusing me of being insane because I don't always see the value in societal norms and therefore don't always act according to them (for example: talking about how I don't like ketchup on my fries in a group of people who do like ketchup on their fries and then being treated like there is something seriously wrong with me because I don't like ketchup on my fries, if that's not insane I don't know what is). Anyways, after smoking weed I had this one major panic attack and ever since then I noticed that I have voices in my head. Just a bunch of whispering that I have no control over that I sometimes notice. I am paranoid of very irrational things like how others view me but thinking of things like death doesn't bother me at all. It's weird, I feel like I am just kind of lacking in common sense even though I once was a very "grounded in reality" smart, intellectual type of kid. It's really just taken away from a lot of areas in my life that I consider to be important and it's easy to say I'm thinking too much or I'm just being paranoid, but honestly, I miss the way things used to be. Any way to make this better? Also, is it common?