Smoking weed everyday - is it a crutch or totally healthy?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by engadine, Jun 17, 2012.

1. I use everyday, but I can handle it.. I try staying in the same world. Just use to enhance thoughts. Idk why, but weed doesn't make me lazy at all anymore.

2. I think it is up to you whether or not YOU think it's okay for you to smoke. You should weigh the pros and cons out. Your present situation seems to be rough--those 13 gauge needles sound like a nightmare to me. It does sound like weed improves the quality of life for you though, whether or not it is worth the negative side effects you should decide for yourself.

AfghaniKush's post a bit up this page had some insightful information on vaping weed at different temps. I think it'd be worth a read, maybe you could just use a change up in your technique of smoking or choice of strains?

3. OP awesome fucking post. Your post enlightened me, were in the same boat!
    I got a $1000 speeding ticket the other day, and it made me realize just put down the weed and change my life because of what happened. Yesterday was my first full day coming off the bud, and I agree, my emotions were all over the place. Literally anything that made me sad hit me hard...but I feel so much better knowing I will NEVER go back to that stoner lifestyle we all had. I can smoke whenever, but not like I used to. My life is no longer going to revolve around a plant, even if it's the most awesome plant on earth. the key is: MODERATION!

But seriously amazing post, I think you woke up/moved alot of people
    :hello:

4. No it's a medicine an a lifestyle. Never let anyone tell you different. Cannabinoids is all we got left, keep da fire burnin.

5. I was smoking "dealers whim daily" for around 3 years. For the the first time in my life, during this period while high, I experienced my first and biggest anxiety attack. It resulted in me falling into the tub backwards and having tunnel vision momentarily while my partner was repeatedly saying my name. When my vision restored I felt a lot better and not nearly as distraught. I had about 10-20 more anxiety attacks of different degrees, and then dealt with various levels of anxiety for around a year. This was all related to smoking and socializing. I saw a doctor after the initial anxiety attack and soon realized the doctor had me predisposed for schizophrenia. Which I knew wasn't the case. I never went back after that initial visit, and since the whole ordeal I've progressed to the point that I don't have any anxiety, even when sober, all the while I never once stopped smoking weed even though everyone was telling me to. My feeling was that the weed wasn't the problem, I was. Which made me constantly challenge myself. And I must've been right lol.

Weed, for me, enhances my environment. Sort of like a stimulation to increase the joy or creativity in my activity. A peculiar thing resulted from these events/new way of thinking, and that is I plateau when I smoke weed after around .5-1 gram depending on the quality. It doesn't matter if I keep smoking, it doesn't change my high. I only feel more groggy/tired. T-breaks don't seem to even play a factor other than I plateau at even less dosages.

I can't complain, I save money. My point in posting this is smoking weed daily is subjective. It can and won't effect different people and their daily routines. It won't be proven to do one or the other. Is it a crutch? That depends. Is a crutch a bad thing? Again, it's subjective. So long as you understand the subjectivity of weed and life then you'll apply the appropriate connotations to your actions. But don't forget it's also dynamic.

Sorry if my words lack concision.

6. I certainly see what you're saying, though I think this is up to an individual's motives for smoking in the first place;

Is it a need? A need could be something as innocent as pain relief.

Is it a want? You might simply want to smoke every day - making something a habit isn't necessarily harmful.

However, while I've described rather positive polarities, by merely saying "polarity" I'm implying there's a darker opposite to these actions. And I'm not about to rule out grey areas.

Over a period of time, a person can and will increase their tolerance through regular use. I had even run into a similar situation as yours, in that I had to smoke more often and more at each session to claw at the elevated reality I used to escape from the problems I had in my life.

Any substance can be deleterious to one's health with the "right" motivation, though I don't think smoking every day can be bad for every person. It's all up to the mindset of the person using.

I always found cannabis to be an enhancer - an enhancer of perceptions, of moods, of desires. While some people in a poor mindset can benefit long term from smoking, I was not one of those people and continued despite how I knew I'd crash into my own poor life as soon as my rapidly shortening highs were over.

Now that I've learned more about myself, I feel I can partake again in a manner that's good for me - and I have. Interestingly enough, despite the negative connotations of alcohol and tobacco, even they serve a positive purpose in those who can use them "properly."

7. #107 YeahImStonedMan, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
    wtf is wrong with all these people? this site is full of posers who cant get past how their parents see weed, this is not a site for ppl who quit weed because it effects them so negativly, get out of my culture, because i fuckin love it. problems? all of you seem to think ur smoking cuz of your problems, why not just do it because its fun? i mean shit it may help with all that but hasnt it always been just to have a good time?

8. [quote name='"YeahImStonedMan"']wtf is wrong with all these people? this site is full of posers who cant get past how their parents see weed, this is not a site for ppl who quit weed because it effects them so negativly, get out of my culture, because i fuckin love it. problems? all of you seem to think ur smoking cuz of your problems, why not just do it because its fun? i mean shit it may help with all that but hasnt it always been just to have a good time?[/quote]

I'm not saying that I disagree with you, but I will say that preaching those thoughts are not going to help with legalization or just "acceptance" movements, which is also a big part of this site.

9. #109 BlazeLE, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
    who says a crutch is a bad thing? when you're leg is broken you need a crutch. when your soul is broken you need weed.

and a bag of weed is certainly better than hating life to the point of thoughts of suicide is it not?

i absolutely use weed as a crutch. as my sig says "sometimes i hate my life, the rest of the time im stoned." i only started smoking in January but the first 19 years of my life fucking sucked. i dont smoke all day everyday because i simply cant afford to. in fact ive been dry for the past month and a half (thankfully thats changing today) and ive hated just about every minute of that dry spell. this past week ive been beyond frustrated to the point that every little thing sets me off. plus my insomnia has been in full effect the past few days. ive slept for a total of like 5 hours in the past 3 days... now when i do have weed i only smoke at night but my days are better anyway.

i mean if you think that laying in bed unable to sleep (like most weedless nights) and having thoughts of how and why i would kill myself if i did is healthier than smoking weed daily i have to disagree with you.

for the record im too stubborn to kill myself. i cant admit defeat like that.

10. #110 hurb1, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
    Holy shitballs. If you relate to this man. Do what he says. Just do it!!!!!!!
    If you dont relate to this man, then ignore it and keep doing what your doing. Everybodies brain is different. As much as id love to use weed everyday i cant. It hinders so many aspects of my brain during the day that its not even funny. Everything that was mentioned above^^ Fucking glad i got this extra $300 in my wallet right now. I feel like i just got a massive raise. Like a boss! Sorry guys....I fucking love weed, i hate prohibition and addictive personalities and fucked up brains like mine. lol Doing pretty good 10 days off weed.

After enough time away, i might toy with the idea of ritual use twice per year, or on new years. This type of positive thing. Or i could become a massive stoner next week. Who knows. Point is, weed aint going anywhere until i die. No need for me to hump its leg every second of the day :p

11. Why did you exert energy to come in this thread then? No seriously? I already know why. And i know why youre mad too. Nothing to be mad about here, especially for a stoner ;)

12. Man thinking about it... I remember about 4 years ago I started smoking daily and told my self I would slow it down, only to do it on the occasion... 4 years later I'm just like...wow where did the fuckin time go.

I honestly feel like I just smoked 4 years of my life away lol I had a lot of fun in between but those were the years I should of been more serious about my life like finishing up school, saving up more money you know shit like that. Oh well, I'm back on track now and not looking back so I can say I have no regrets.

13. Hell yeah bro I feel you and if youre looking to improve that smart stoner vibe try looking at some different ideaologies when your not blazin or study up or read trippy conscious developing books if you enjoy the subject of introspection or people watch(which is fucking hilarious when you're intense and just out of your mind) then this always helps me get through those times without bud or when I'm just breaking to learn more shit that I can apply to my experiences with the herb. it helps you learn a remarkable amount about yourself and if you meditate just be ready to have your mind blown :smoking:

14. weed needs me, I don't need it.

15. Are you the Dos Equis world's most interesting man? :D

16. "Stay Puffing my Friends" lol

nah, in all honestly i really really depends on the person, just like everything else.
    If you are above age or able t make descisions for yourself, there should be no reason to abuse weed unless your physcologically fucked up or something

Much of what makes up life is decisions, decisions that can hurt or help us

ive met really succesfull people who smoke weed
    ive met really fucked up people who smoke weed

and just because someone refuses to smoke weed doesnt mean thier a good person, ive also met rotten people who refrain from weed...

remember friends, we're ONLY HUMAN, prone to mistakes, accomplishment and curiousity...

sorry i just hate those people who assume weed smokers are "lowlife slackers"

sorry, i smoke a shit ton, but i can still hold a conversation on the causes and frustrations that caused the Syrian civil war, or the differences between subjunctive/objective reality and their philosophical roots based on ancient greek text

..society calls one a pothead..

well they call me a "minority or disadvantaged" too.. doesnt stop me from doing what i have to do. :wave:

17. The way I see it if you're not happy being sober then weed's not gonna fix it. I totally feel what the OP is saying, I got to a point where I subconciously was like "Ok if i'm not gonna be high for this, it's not gonna be fun".
    You just can't get the same high if you've been smoking everyday compared to person who only smokes on weekends.

18. I just feel better when i smoke . obviously.
    It's probably a lot healthier than all the shit americans fill their time with anyways.

Stressful work, traffic, fast food, bad marriages, anti-depressants, etc. those all take a huge toll on your body. If you can mostly avoid those, and decide (if you're not using it to avoid confronting real life) to smoke most days, go ahead.

Me, i smoke like five days a week. not much either. a gram will last me at least a week.

People use the word "escaping" about drugs like its a bad thing, but people escape shit all the time with other activities or other drugs. As long as it isn't fuckin with your life, you're getting shit you need to do done, and you keep your shit straight n all that, then it isn't unhealthy.
    So i guess i believe that its not how much you do, but what negative effects it causes, that determine if it's healthy or not.

19. Indeed, unless we are sitting in a circle talking about how meaningless the universe is and how we are all going to die then we are in fact "escaping" from reality. Everything is an escape, from music, to movies, videogames, all hobbies, everything is a distraction. For example, i quit using weed right, but now i have to exercise for hours in order to feel content. Its just stupid lol. Reality fucking sucks, thats why people set goals and shit. Cuz they aint content with reality as it is right now. They gotta constantly work to alter it. If reality was so great we could just sit here and shoot cum out of our dicks.

20. I thinks it's all about your state of mind and what your priorities are in life. I smoke on a daily basis but that doesn't keep me from being motivated to live a successful and fruitful life. I think there are many times that require us not to smoke. And in those times, if a person can't manage to stay sober then I think they have a problem. When you become dependent upon weed is when I think someone has a problem unless it's a medical condition of course. I honestly believe it's perfectly fine and healthy to smoke everyday. It really just depends on the person. Some can handle the lifestyle and some can't. As long as you're not being lazy and are working for a better future then I respect you.